Search the forum,

Discuss Logic heat exchanger leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daffy

Anyone recently come across this problem ?
I know of a few where the main heat exchanger has started to leak & the boiler is still relatively new

I have heard that a lot of the logic heat exchangers are started to leak from a chap at parts centre

Seems to be a major problem - i know someone whos had 2 replaced in 3 years !

Ouch, vern if your reading this, I apologise. Seems like you were right after all.

I do like the look of the Logic, but could never bring myself to fit one after the icos/isar. I was kind of hoping they would prove me wrong though, but its not looking good.

Have fit hundreds & not had one heat exchanger leak on Worcesters - 10 year warranty on them
What model was it ?

This is going to be a huge problem for the early ones from launch to around 18 months, there was an ideal engineer on here who posted the effected serial number prefixes which are 2 letters, it was within another thread about best boilers etc....
i know of around 6 that have let go, PCB's are also not great on early ones all sorted under warranty though!

To add balance have had the same from Worcesters also

I know of 2 WB5 heat cells, one was power flushed using the Kamco acid flush the week before whoops.....other one went aged 7 yrs dunno history of boiler though....

Are they claiming ( Ideal ) to have sorted this problem ?
Dunno pal as ideal guys said early ones effected, but later spec ain't been around 18 months, so cycle may start again who knows, apparently the casting sand ain't been removed fully in early ones either causing possible hot spots!

never lost one on a duotec but there stainless so tougher saying that bods had one go on a 7 year old one and the cost is big ÂŁÂŁÂŁ
ÂŁ340-ÂŁ380 IIRC

thats exactly what this one did. it was now a 2 year old boiler.
Its how they all go Martin, worse when hot too, starts off small so you search for all obvious system leaks, PRV, rad valves, doc, etc......gets gradually faster at loosing pressure until it losses 1bar in an hour!

the crack opens up the hotter it gets then sends a gush down the condense, so i have been told.lol
it was a head scratcher at firs

never lost one on a duotec but there stainless so tougher saying that bods had one go on a 7 year old one and the cost is big ÂŁÂŁÂŁ
ÂŁ340-ÂŁ380 IIRC
Baxi have had nothing but trouble with there new GA boilers.

Baxi have had nothing but trouble with there new GA boilers.
i know but you said you were fitting loads and they were ok,i never even considered a GA duotec or that plastic mess when they where launched i stuck to the gold or mk 1 and experience paid off ,still not having problems

Speaking to the main rep yesterday, he recons they have changed coming up towards 50k gas valves on the GA (neat/duo) boilers, though they are sorted now.

Speaking to the main rep yesterday, he recons they have changed coming up towards 50k gas valves on the GA (neat/duo) boilers, though they are sorted now.

Problem is Roger I know a few die hard Baxi installers, which won't touch the GA range even for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic heat exchanger leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a Worcester Green Star 28i Junior. The gasket itself is in perfect condition with no cracks. As you can see from the photo, the rust is near that holding...
Replies
Views
Hello. New here. I dont know nothing about boilers or plumbing. Just wondering any idea of cost or what the issue is. 15y old boiler, never had any issues apart from heater exchange smal leak 2y ago, BG changed whole heater exchange and some other small leaks. 2y later, now slow leak at bottom...
Replies
Views
E
  • Question
We just had a service done on our Ideal ICOS boiler and were told that the 2 screws on the back of the heat exchanger have snapped off. It was marked as dangerous and has quoted a whole new heat exchanger as there are still bits of screws stuck inside that cannot be removed. For 2 broken screws...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Hi, Boiler is losing pressure, from 1.5 bar to 0 bar in about 4 hours. Have checked all rads and seem to be fine, no water out external prv pipe. If the heat exchanger is faulty what do I need to look for? There is a constant run of water from the condensate pipe when heating on but not sure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock