Search the forum,

Discuss A good quote?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

everflow09

hi all.
writing a quote for a customer and wondering what does a good quote consist of?
anyone got any templates? or any ideas as dont want to miss anything off

thanks

"alas poor yorick i knew him well"

Thats a pretty well knowen quote...

The date
A list of what you are going to do
A list of what you are not going to do
The materials you are supplying
The Price for the work. inc or ex vat etc
State weather you are taking the rubbish away or not
Stage payments.

Obviously depends on the customer but here's part of an estimate/quote I once wrote (and won). It's quite old and nowdays I tend to write much less. Much depends on how much the job is worth, whether I feel there's competition for the job, how much I want it and so on.

To removing existing sanitary ware and shower and removing existing floor and wall tiles.
Replace existing pipework if showing signs of corrosion or not fitted in accordance with current water regulations.
Prepare surfaces for painting and tiling.
Paint ceiling (using colour specified by the client).
Fix appropriate backing board before installing under-floor heating element and tiling floor and replacing skirting boards and re-decorating as appropriate.
Install new shower floor area (to be advised) and tile the shower area.
Seal and grout all tiling in (colour specified by the client).
Fit new loo and basin and shower mixer valve and rain maker shower head

Some provision has been made in the material costs for plumbing, e.g. waste traps and isolation valves
Some provision has also been made for tile cement. Quantity used will depend on the type and weight of the tiles.

It is understood that the client will supply: Shower head and fittings, shower mixer valve, basin and taps, loo, cabinets and other fittings (for example toilet roll holder), wall, floor and shower tiles.

The cost of the shower flooring, electrical work and possible re-plastering work are not included.

Estimate: £ as if I'm going to post this

At end of estimate/quote I also put various terms (again depending on the customer and the arrangements made)

Other Notes

These rates are inclusive of travel expenses and also include trips to and from local plumbing supplies and building merchants.

Unfortunately ************* Plumb & Heat Co Ltd is not able to remove waste from clients’ sites due to the refusal of the local council to accept such waste and the above figures do not include such a cost. The hiring of a mini skip is suggested unless the client has an alternative. ******** can arrange a mini skip if this is more convenient.

Material costs above are provisional only, mainly consisting of consumables such as plastic and copper pipework and fittings, waste drainage fittings and smaller items such as solder, silicone and final cleaning materials.

VAT is not applicable.

The client is asked to purchase the following: Loos, Basins, Bath, Showers and Fittings, Wall and Floor Tiles. ***************** can organize delivery if more convenient and will liaise with the client with expected delivery dates.

***** will purchase “unseen” items such as plumbing consumables, tile cement, the under-floor heating systems and shower floor areas and will liaise with the client in this respect accordingly.

My name ... and someone else's name have public liability insurance. We work as safely as we are able to and reserve the right to cease work if we feel conditions are not safe enough to carry out the works properly. We need to be careful especially when using blow torches and ask for the client’s co-operation in this matter.

While we take every precaution to prevent spillage of water, unfortunately plumbing can occasionally be a messy business. Any water spillages will be cleaned and dried up as quickly as possible.

And now I tend to say WC instead of loo!!

Thats actually a well known mis-qoute..it should be..
"alas poor Yorick, I knew him Horatio...':rolleyes:

From Shakespeare's Hamlet, 1602. Often misquoted for some reason as 'Alas poor Yorick, I knew him well'.
HAMLET:
Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let
her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must
come; make her laugh at that.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What such fellows as I do, crawling between earth and heaven? We are arrant knaves all, believe none of us[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
"Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and
some have greatness thrust upon 'em."

a good quote consists of getting the job and a material cost up-front.

amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to A good quote?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock