Search the forum,

Discuss petenash in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

petenash

I have recently moved to an old house in Mallorca that was partially restored by someone very keen on central heating controls. (yes it is cold in the winter!) The system does not work satisfactorily and I wondered if there was any publication that could help me through some of the controls that have been fitted and part wired. I have underfloor heating, water heating, pool heating, solar panels (evacuated tubes) on the roof and not coupled up as yet, outside temperature guage, various pipe sensors and many more valves and pumps (6) Firsly I want to get it to run then get it to run smart.

The house has no mains water and I have an underground tank. Water is pumped on demand by one of two Grundfos pumps. Main source of heating is a 5 year old De Dietrich Oil Boiler (no gas here so I have an oil tank).

I am sure there is a smart system in there somewhere. Any help would be appreciated. Peter:confused:

can you post some pictures....... or pop a couple of flight tickets in the post and i'll come and have a look!

As said some details would be good

Maybe a good idea to get a local plumber to come in and explain the system to you or you should be able to find manufactorers on line and down load manuals

or maybe purchase a Limited edition copy of book below

picture.php

:D:D

can you post some pictures....... or pop a couple of flight tickets in the post and i'll come and have a look!

Many Thanks I will post a few pictures and the tickets are in the post!!
You lot are as daft as me!!

I have this book but it only covers coal fired systems!!
Thanks for the laugh - I am in the process of downloading all the manufacturers user manuals but hoped their might be an "Idiot's Guide to how things link up. For instance I have a temp sensor on both the feed and return of the pool heating run. I could understand one sensor to give the boiler the temperature progress but what purpose would the second sensor give? Anyway it is a nice place to work it all out. Thanks again for the laugh. Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to petenash in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock