Search the forum,

Discuss Mould on bedroom wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ashtonjay

The wall next to my bedroom radiator (which is in a huge bay window)
has mould coming through the wallpaper and i can see it behind the rad too
i was gonna remove rad and put a new double in there as the current one is rubbish.strip wallpaper and paint the wall with some anit fungicidal stuff then re-paper

has anybody any ideas?

cheers

thats ok but why have you got black mould ? is damp coming thru wall ? single glazing ?

it is possible that there isn't any insulation in the bay, so you have cold meeting hot causing condensation which is causing the mould

Have you had cavity wall insulation fitted recently? Ther has been some unscrupilous companies going around fitting dodgy insulation which lets damp bridge through.

The wall next to my bedroom radiator (which is in a huge bay window)
has mould coming through the wallpaper and i can see it behind the rad too
i was gonna remove rad and put a new double in there as the current one is rubbish.strip wallpaper and paint the wall with some anit fungicidal stuff then re-paper

has anybody any ideas?

cheers

What does the wall look like outside, is it hanging wet?

Check guttering in the area - is there a leak, overshooting in heavy rain maybe?

Check tiles/ slates over the bay, and flashing.

Check damp course, sealing around window, etc.

If the exterior is very exposed to rain and the wall has cavity insulation, it could be that. If it looks like it might be, check for any warranty such as 'Cavity Insulation Guarantee Agency', usually 25 years.

Make sure you kill off the mold spores with a remover or neat bleach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mould on bedroom wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to remove a radiator to take tiles off behind it & then re-board, plaster & paint the wall. It has a drain valve, would it be ok to empty the radiator through that? The radiator will be taken off for about a week so after taking it off would it be ok to cap the thermostatic valve & still...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, We currently have 3 old radiators in our living room, the room feels cold in winter and radiators take ages to get warm, system has been power flushed and new pump fitted, so want to replace the radiators. The room is 5.7 x 4.9m x 2.5m but heat vents upstairs to a landing with no radiator...
Replies
Views
C
Hello all, Like most people, I've gone to turn on my central heating after 6 months of it being off and, surprise surprise, it doesn't work. I'm trying to work out what is wrong with it myself, I enjoy the challenge and the learning process; if all fails, I can call a plumber. I have an Ideal...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, new to this forum and would greatly appreciate any advice. We installed a walk in shower with a false wall to conceal the shower, toilet and wall hung sink pipes. There was a slow leak which led to a lot of mould growth. We opened the shower pockets and cleaned pretty much all the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock