Search the forum,

Discuss Make mixer shower hotter in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

My mixer shower is not giving out water that is hot enough despite turning the nozzle to the max.

How can i remove the fitting to make it hotter?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200115_125506.jpg
    IMG_20200115_125506.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20200115_125503.jpg
    IMG_20200115_125503.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 15
Probably a grub screw somewhere. But will probably find it will need a new cartridge if it's been operating correctly previously.

Possibilities:
1. There may be a thermostatic mixing valve (TMV) fitted in the supply to the shower. These are a requirement for new builds, and may be fitted anyway. The hot water can never exceed the temperature at which the TMV is set. Resolution would be to reset the TMV, but requires thermometer.
2. The shower may have been set to a maximum temperature which is lower than you like. If pressing in the button on the side of the knob (your photo. 1) doesn't enable you to increase the temperature to one you like, you may have to adjust the maximum. The adjustment is shower specific, and unless you have or can get the installation instructions for the shower it is likely to be trial and error.
3. As SimonG has suggested, the thermostatic valve cartridge in the shower may be faulty. Take the shower apart (after isolating water) and clean in white vinegar of Kilrock. Reassemble with silicone grease and see if it is better. Also requires manual.
4. If you have a combi boiler, it may not be supplying hot water at a temperature sufficiently high to give you the shower you want. Hot water at the boilers maximum flow rate will always be cooler in winter, as the incoming cold is colder than in summer, and the boiler can only raise its temperature by (normally) 35 degrees. If you turn down the flow, and the temperature increases, suggests boiler.

The plate wont come off until the handles are removed, they'll be a small screw or Allen key grub screw to loosen to get the handles off.

Doddle on that mixer.
turn thermostat until it’s at 12 o’clock. Then pull it off ( might need a sharp pull). Then put back on at 2 o’clock. This will give more hot water.

Reply to Make mixer shower hotter in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock