Search the forum,

Discuss heatrae sadia 25l 9004010. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Has anyone one fit or serviced one of these before; Heatrae Sadia 25l 9004010.
It a 25 litre hot water storage cylinder.

It’s just an unvented unit internal t and p valve you need a min of 3m of pipe on the outlet

Mentions the solenoid valve there about no water flow. Suggests more electrical. Any idea how to test?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-15-20-41-42-94_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-15-20-41-42-94_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    877.1 KB · Views: 8
Mentions the solenoid valve there about no water flow. Suggests more electrical. Any idea how to test?

It will be voltage to the coil could be dc or ac depending on circuit

Thanks so you would test the voltage to the coil and see if it was within parameters?

Yes spec or on the side of the coil this should be listed

Thanks yes there is two electrical connections on the solenoid valve. It would be a case of testing the resistance between these? There appears to be no number that this show be in the instructions. May ring technical

Thanks yes there is two electrical connections on the solenoid valve. It would be a case of testing the resistance between these? There appears to be no number that this show be in the instructions. May ring technical

Test voltage first if you got voltage then test resistance of the coil to test if it’s bad

At which connections do you test voltage to the solenoid? I have only ever done resistance across the pins before.

At the solenoid pins just wiggle the connector off a smidge so you can get probes on etc

Thanks so it filled and stopped filling so the solenoid valve is opening and closing. It did take a long time to fill. However the flow from the hot taps feed from it is really slow. I was going to take the filter out on the cold feed Im the machine to see if clogged/ clean it. Any other ideas why hot water flow would be really slow.

Thanks so it filled and stopped filling so the solenoid valve is opening and closing. It did take a long time to fill. However the flow from the hot taps feed from it is really slow. I was going to take the filter out on the cold feed Im the machine to see if clogged/ clean it. Any other ideas why hot water flow would be really slow.

It’s gravity by the sounds of it so solenoid needs to open when the tap is opened so sensing issue eg where the water is i would say

It’s gravity by the sounds of it so solenoid needs to open when the tap is opened so sensing issue eg where the water is i would say
So even though the solenoid opens to fill and shuts when the unit is full. It also needs to open when a hot tap is opened to allow the cold main to push the water out of the unit?

So even though the solenoid opens to fill and shuts when the unit is full. It also needs to open when a hot tap is opened to allow the cold main to push the water out of the unit?

Unless it’s a gravity out unit

Thanks I'll give a ring. I have the manual there is a filter on the cold main in it. There a low and high water level sensor that opens and closes the solenoid. Which must be working as opened to fill it and shut off when full. And said took a long time to fill the 25 litre tank.

I came across a ~ 20L heater with no expansion vessel that had one of these pressure relief valves set to I think 6 bar but it also had a anothenon return valve valve inside the PRV to enable filling and also stopped the cylinder emptying in the event of mains water failure, it didn't have any solenoid valves and allowed the expansion to take place back through the mains with a minimumm distance specified to avoid hw water issuing from a cold tap if too close, don't know how your cylinder operates, its hardly a gravity unit if it requires pressure to push the water out of it?

Ariston 571730 PRV installed on the cold inlet at the cylinder.
1713303694750.png

Last edited:
When I turn the hot tap on the solenoid is in the closed position. As this operates then the low water level sensor opens it again. So if opening the hot tap and the solenoid is closed. It would be gravity?

If it gravity then there has to be a air vent in the cylinder to allow the level to drop to fall enough to open the solenoid valve? maybe it contains a air bubble like the megaflo and the like?
Are there HW draw offs above the cylinder or on the same level?

Maybe worth checking that for scale build up, if its restricted then the flow from any hot tap will be restricted as well except its just a pure vent pipe,, any photo or description of the unit?.

I have a upstairs "1/2" cartridge tap gravity fed from ~ 0.25M that flows 4.0LPM, so if the water level in your cylinder is, say 0.15M above the tap then you might expect ~ 3.0/3.1LPM.

Reply to heatrae sadia 25l 9004010. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock