Search the forum,

Discuss Filling loop - small leak after repressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 103981

Hi all
I bled a radiator today and had to top up the pressure on my Glowworm 24cxi combi.
After I closed the valves and turned the heating back on there was a slight trickle of water from flow side of the loop. Couldn't see exactly - but not the valve itself, somewhere above it.
Just a few of teaspoons worth. And an hour later, no further signs of leakage.
Happened a few months back after I moved in and bled a different radiator and topped up. There were no leaks afterwards and it had a service shortly after with no problems detected. Stupidly I forgot to ask the engineer about it at the time.

Anyone had this problem before? Should I get someone out to investigate? Boiler is about 10 years old.

Photo attached. Thanks in advance for any help
20190108_141057.jpg
20190108_141057.jpg
20190108_141057.jpg
20190108_141057.jpg

Flow link inside the boiler is notorious for leaking on them. Particularly when repressurising.

You will need a registered engineer to check this

Cheers

Reply to Filling loop - small leak after repressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
R
Hi, We‘be recently moved into a property with a very old Potterton statesman. My husband bled the radiators last night…and since then he’s called all sorts of problems! There is now only one tiny radiator with heat in it. There is no pressure gauge on the boiler , I can’t find a full loop on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Throughout our house there are numerous isolation valves which are on almost every plumbing fixture. Clearly whoever plumbed this had a thing for using them but I have heard elsewhere that they cause problems and are prone to leaking, especially when used after long periods. I noticed a...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock