Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler kettling when using hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natill

Hi, I have an Ideal mini c28 combi boiler, I have been having problems with it kettling when using hot water, I am with Scottish power repair plan he has changed the pcb circuit board and also the temp valve, this made no difference, after this he decided that it must be the heat exchanger to which I am not cover as they don't cover blockages. I have ordered this part and was going to get it fitted when it came. However today I turned the temperature gauge down on the boiler and the boiler doesn't kettle it lets me put the temp up to just over half way before it start kettling, cutting out and restarting, does this still sound like the heat exchange or could it be something else ? Thanks in advance. Neil

surprised they don't cover that tbh. is the gs plumber who's fitting it a friend or are you hoping any firm will fit a part you've bought, if its the latter i think you may struggle to find somebody willing to be honest. at least keep it packaged and get a gas man around for a diagnostic visit.

They are saying it is sludge in the system, which no one tends to cover. Yes someone I used to work with. The part is genuine Ideal, just a lot cheaper over the internet.

I have had a problem with the heater exchange before, just a bit surprised that the boiler works ok with water temperature reduced, I can put the temp to about half way before the boiler starts to kettle, is this symptom of a dodgy heat exchanger or does it sound like something else ? Cheers neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler kettling when using hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open vented system S plan Also found there was no bypass and this was an external boiler with frost stat so boiler would start with no valves open...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return temperature to the boiler are less than 55 degrees to ensure condensing is occurring. But in the service menu it only shows the primary heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock