Search the forum,

Discuss Where should I get my bathroom suite from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rochellecw

Hi there,
I'm a first time buyer and am ripping out the bathroom to replace everything. I wondered if I could get some advice on basically;
B&Q
Wickes
Bathstore

which place is the best out of these for best quality bath/toilet/sink?

Thank you!

Well you might get a good deal from one of the 200 B&Q stores closing..other than that get your self down to your local plumbers merchants,who will give you better prices,better quality items and better advise...as for bathstore...very hit and miss...do ya self a favor and walk past that one.......

a5a8a4e0-295c-4601-a45a-38fb6f7614ef_zpsqhnxsood.jpg

I would look at your local plumbers merchants, some have deals on, go look and moan a lot , and ask for their best price etc lol

Out of those three I would say none of them. All tend to be tat. Plumbers merchant, ask to look at thr fresh, frontline or eastbrook stuff.

All Chinese rubbish.
like all above, take advise from your plumber. Or go into a reputable independent bathroom showroom.

i use ukbathrooms.com

Out of those three I would say none of them. All tend to be tat. Plumbers merchant, ask to look at thr fresh, frontline or eastbrook stuff.

Good advice from SimonG.

I'm a big fan of Eastbrook stuff (which will be available from any plumbers merchant). "Fresssh" is also pretty good - most of the sanitaryware is made by Roca.

Think about the difference between a retail shed and a trade outlet like a merchant. The retail outlet just wants your money now. They know you are unlikely to be a repeat customer in the near future. Trade outlets have to keep their trade customers coming back week after week.

Guess which one sells the better product and provides the better service?

I'd say Eastbrook Bathrooms for most sanitaryware etc. We prefer to buy our shower screens from Lakes Bathrooms and our taps from Bristan. That's the suppliers we've decided on after 6 years of bad and good experiences shopping around!

I'd say Eastbrook Bathrooms for most sanitaryware etc. We prefer to buy our shower screens from Lakes Bathrooms and our taps from Bristan. That's the suppliers we've decided on after 6 years of bad and good experiences shopping around!

Lakes certainly make nice screens - good quality and well priced. My only gripe would be that they are not an easy company to deal with if things don't go right.

As for Bristan - not a company with whom we do much business, but a market leading brand and generally good quality.

Wherever you end up goin DONT !!! Get anything from Victoria plumb you will regret it or rather your installer will !

Agreed, steer clear of the chains...local showroom is a better bet, Frontline is a good company to look out for. we use [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]bellabathrooms.co.uk[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Where should I get my bathroom suite from? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100% coming from the toilet. Tried Lugi worlds best plunger, that air gun blaster and 50 buckets of hot water down the toilet for 2-3 days and no joy, the...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the floor tiles one of the floorboards on side of the bath was wet through and almost rotten. So I feel the water has been seeping through that due...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock