Search the forum,

Discuss was of working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tiling spread

come on lads best ways of sweeting soldering pipes then how do you do it
some do it one way and some do it nuther whats your way of doing things
im ff too essex next weekend and im a bit out of tuch with things
like beast gas for my supperfire flux think its lead free solder and the best way of doing it as im fitting a new bathroom for my m8 he wants to use push fitting but i just dont trust them its all 15mm i plan to use flexi tap pipes and iso valves on the lot
dont know what flux to get fernox powerflow flux lead free la-co lead free flux or screwfix own brand and is it lead free solder on copper pipe

Last edited by a moderator:
Youtube has some good how to solder videos, I use lead free on everything, If its new work I use fluuxite green flux as its less corrosive, if its new to old Il use LaCo, make sure things are clean with wire wool, have a practice on some scrap bits first.

Hi tilingspread good advice from blackcatgas:)regards turnpin

im not drinking m8 well not tonight any way lol just a littel rusty thats all m8 thanks for the tip think my 3year old is getting better then me
DSC00712.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

Lol good pic one of us few left who still works in copper eh

i know most the plumbers i know use plastic now days i rember when my mums house hade a fall refit boiler rads pipes the lot all copper solder joints didnt mind helping taking out the old reds drilling the new flu running new pipe none or this poly stuff and push fit but iv got some push fit stop ends in the bag

Yeah as they say on the forum plastic has its place. If your doing a bathroom for instance and the pipes will be easy to get to. But don't go throwing them under tiled floors lol as you know.

yer the bathroom in going to be working on is say theres no more then say 5 joints at the most

Lol it is easy can't compete with the price either. Copper plumber says 600 you say 380 in plastic you're gonna get the job if they know your good.

its probs ok on the bigger side of things like a refit or stuff like that but all my work on this bath room will be copper pipe and solder joints as all the pipes come out the floor and no iso's and its got in not copper straght to the taps and looow no flew pipe and the old pipe looks its hade better days

there is a time for copper and a time for plastic - particually as copper is so damn ecpensive at the moment!

- copper in plain view

- plastic under floors and out of sight

Plastic is better under the floor mate, cause its bendy and I can use one long piece with NO joints at all, and still bend it into place.

I do tend to use JG pipe and inserts with compression fittings though - its cheaper and less bulky on the pipe! Not everyone realises that you can do this . . .

if i have to use plastic i do as avatar does and use the correct inserts for the pipe make and go with compression fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to was of working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock