Search the forum,

Discuss tepid radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glenplumb

Had no heating in the kitchen so added a rad to the existing system. To my surprise it worked, the bad news is the rad in the hall is luke warm now. I'm told the system needs balancing. How do i do this?

Try googling it mate. Quite straight forward, the hall rad is now being starved of heat. Just a case of adjusting all rads on the lockshield valve.

Before you balance all system,just close lock shield on the kitchen rad and open 1/4 to 1/2 a turn,that may be enough to correct hall rad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tepid radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your help please. I've extended an existing 'run' of radiators - the last one on the run ( in downstairs kitchen) is cold. The first rad added is...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock