Search the forum,

Discuss pipe repair problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AndyHudds

I have 4 22mm pipes (hot cold and two central heating) all running together ( no gap between them). someone has put a nail in the second pipe. i can not separate the pipes to cut and couple. And suggestions?

I have used what Nick suggested once before on a copper cylinder that had a pin hole in it. It was only on for a week while I sourced a new cylinder but it did work. Didn't trust it though to just leave it like that permanently, it does claims to be a permanent repair though if you wanted to risk it.

cut all 4 and used 4 slips and 4 normal couplings and solder the lot (dont put a coupling on the timber joist cut a few inches to the left or right etc)

never tried one but you can get these now. clean pipe, flux and fit on pipe. heat till the solder ring melts go down the pub

Screenshot_20161022-165244.jpg

If doing patch or making solder repair, vent/open pipe to air, so internal pressure does not effect flow of solder.

Can't cut it! Try pulling it.
It will lift up or as said if its only through one side, wipe some solder over the hole.
Its not pianos yer building here.

I made a patch using JB Weld epoxy and a piece of abrasive clean up strip to fix a hole in van's hard to remove coolant pipe. Around 3 years on and still holding...

The clean up strip is grp so very strong and the resin heat and pressure proof (relatively).

Last edited:
That reminds me of my old Dad, " for Christ sake son, your not mending a f###### watch"

Or my old man when I was trying to be too neat with the flux. "You're not f***king Mike Angelo" in his thick Indian accent...

Happy days... God I miss the old sod sometimes. All the time, actually...

[QUOTE

Happy days... God I miss the old sod sometimes. All the time, actually...[/QUOTE]

Too true mate. The thing is though, I'm such a product of him that I feel like I'm carrying him with me all the time. Silly eh ?

[QUOTEToo true mate. The thing is though, I'm such a product of him that I feel like I'm carrying him with me all the time. Silly eh ?

Nah, that's not silly at all, I know exactly what you mean. My old man was a natural born problem solver. If I'm stumped for a way to do something I find myself thinking what would Dad have done, and 9 times out of 10 the solution will pop into my head...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pipe repair problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock