Search the forum,

Discuss Non gas safe people doing gas work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharp Point

As this is the private gas safe forum, i'm gonna vent my anger......I'm gonna blow, i tell ya!

Its spreading like wild fire, every man and his dog are doing gas work! the ole, i'll fit it and get somebody to sign it off. Why do i bother.........

The money i spend on being legal

Liability insurance
just became oftec ( had to increase liability) and this stupid workmanship policy
just renewed my acs for the 5th time
unvented training
renewable training ( joke)
boiler training to keep up to speed.
other training courses.
Run/ maintain a van
Work my arse for long hours, bending over backwards to provide excellent service
bad bad, with endless chiropractic bills
bad hips
solder burns
flux in cuts
cold tea ( to busy to drink it)
Being meticulous
Just been stung £350 for a kitchen ceiling repaint.......ooops, didn't nip bath tap con properly!!!
receding hairline
losing charm with the ladies
getting intolerant of customers
Getting invoices out
chasing money
doing paperwork
putting money in bank
doing books
paying HMRC.......B*stards!!
Registering boilers n stuff with gas safe and it costs money
Jumping thru hoops when long term customers click their fingers

and best till last

F*cking Builders.......

Rant over!

Arghhhh, i feel better.

Doesn't help up here when half of newcastle city council and north tyneside councils gas lads are moonlighting

Doesn't help up here when half of newcastle city council and north tyneside councils gas lads are moonlighting

because there board in work doing nothing/little jobs

Same around here so many illegals its utterly ridiculous best of it is when i spoke to my local inspector few months back he didn't believe me lol

To pay for all the things you listed in post 1. Swings and round abouts.

Yeah I suppose, but they make you have it. I've been there done that, 2 x boiler upgrades a week, charging £3500 a pop and then there's the little jobs to do on the way home.

Do you work hard?

I work my **** off in all honesty. But I always have worked in the same way and always loved price work. This week I've had a combi swap Monday (very easy), standard boiler and cylinder swap yesterday (home for 3.20) , standard boiler and cylinder today with vertical flue (home for 4), tomorrow and Friday I've got a 2 day standard to combi with rad valves.
But I love it mate, always have.

Please enlighten me, ought to make things easier.
individual situation but deleted those that i do myself and left the non applicable or, pay someone else to do. i dont register boilers with gas safe directly either ;)

just became oftec ( had to increase liability) and this stupid workmanship policy
unvented training
renewable training ( joke)
other training courses.
Work my arse for long hours, bending over backwards to provide excellent service
bad bad, with endless chiropractic bills
bad hips
solder burns
flux in cuts
cold tea ( to busy to drink it)
Just been stung £350 for a kitchen ceiling repaint.......ooops, didn't nip bath tap con properly!!!
losing charm with the ladies
getting intolerant of customers
Getting invoices out
chasing money
putting money in bank
doing books
Registering boilers n stuff with gas safe and it costs money
Jumping thru hoops when long term customers click their fingers

Last edited by a moderator:
I work my **** off in all honesty. But I always have worked in the same way and always loved price work. This week I've had a combi swap Monday (very easy), standard boiler and cylinder swap yesterday (home for 3.20) , standard boiler and cylinder today with vertical flue (home for 4), tomorrow and Friday I've got a 2 day standard to combi with rad valves.

Good Rates

on your own or 2 of you?

Just me. I don't like sharing the price and doing 80% of the work.

thats good going stnd to combi in two days mine normally come out at 2.5 or 3 if i have to change rads

The rates here are awful have been a long time now hence why i just potter (use to love the packs when rates were good tho)

The rates here are awful have been a long time now hence why i just potter (use to love the packs when rates were good tho)

A full heating here pays around 800. Better off on boiler upgrades really. And the tube and fittings left over are ridiculous!

Fully agree with what your saying, rates in this area are rock bottom, and still people trying to do it for less, usely a young guy with nice new shiny VW van, Doesn't bother me now as same as hammers just do odd jobs, Boilers & full systems ! you can keep them, we will soon be over-run with Syrian plumbers, who will be given all they need from the government Free !! This huge mass of people heading across Europe, And where do you think they will stop ?? Sorry no prize for getting the right answer !!

a very good rant you pass all the the qualifications for one reason love of the job or to earn moneys

I am not currently registered to work on appliances though i have done in the past but i do have 35 years experience under my belt and am quite happy to do my own gas work in my own home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Non gas safe people doing gas work. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock