Search the forum,

Discuss Green/blue bits in water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LCV

Hi,

As part of a house renovation I had a new system boiler and indirect unvented hot water cylinder installed. In the two bathrooms I've noticed blue/green powdery residual on the shower tray and in the bath. I ran the water in the shower and there are blue/green bits in the water. When they dry they turn to powder but are hard when wet.

The problem is I've had a new Hansgrohe shower head installed so super expensive and these bits have completely blocked up the shower head and I've not even moved back into the house and had a shower yet.

Does anyone know what has happened? The plumber did a power flush. If there are any other information you need please let me know.

Thank you!

bits of pipework corrosion falling off probably, it will clear up over a bit of time, nothing that a power flush would remove as hw and central heating circuits arent connected.

Pretty common when you go from tank fed to high pressure system... Will clear up pretty quickly

Thanks for your replies. I had a combi boiler before. Is it still normal?

Also, what is your view about the shower head. Who is responsible to replace it? It is about £500.

Shower head has an inlet filter. Just remove and wash it out.
That's what they are there for.
The power flush is for the heating, not hot/ cold water. The residue sill clear through after a few days. You may need to clean out flow restrictors on the taps too. ( the bit on the end of the tap!)

Also do I need to be concerned about pipework corrosion? I've had to pay extra for new larger pipes to be put in.

Thanks Chalked. I feel much better now. I'll give Hansgrohe a call tomorrow as it is not obvious how to remove the filter.

I will also check my hand showers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green/blue bits in water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by local authority. I had no say in who carried out the work. I have called the builder out under the guarantee several times for water leaks. The shower...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented indirect hot water system to improve pressure in the house. The previous cylinders are in the loft now they’re in the garage next to the boiler. We...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock