Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Optima 901 - Diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamoralie

Hi there,

I recently (November 2012) had a service on my ferroli optima 901 due to problems of the DHW and CH not switching on (or switching on but shortly turning off).

The good news was that it got a clean bill of health with one (minor) exception.

I was told the likely cause of my intermittent DHW or CH supply was due to the diverter valve needed replacement (being a bit old and getting stuck).

I have gone over the service manual for the 901 system to see if i can find the component and i cant find anything in there relating to it.

Am i being stupid (probably)? But could someone with some knowledge of these systems please tell me which component the guy was referring to (hopefully with a serial number as well)?

Ive been onto ferroli spares and the only items which come up under diverter valves are for another boiler system type (optimax if memory serves).

The combionation if being unable to find the component in the service manual and unable to find on the spares website makes me dubious whether the system i own has one at all.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance!

i have had this problem before with these get you gsr to check the ntc sensors, but my customers it was the hex and these are about £300 plus from plumbcentre

i have had this problem before with these get you gsr to check the ntc sensors, but my customers it was the hex and these are about £300 plus from plumbcentre

Hi, thanks for your input.
Ive obviously mislead you using a couple of acronyms myself...
What is gsr and ntc, im assuming hex is heat exchanger?
Please could you confirm something for me, does the boiler have a diverter valve?
Ive read and reread the service manual and because im not boiler savvy (clearly) i cant confirm whether this is good / poor judgement on my part.
Thanks again

I dont believe these boilers have a diverter,it operates on a flow meter

no these boilers do not have a diverter valves as above flow meter

GSR GAS SAFE ENGINEER, ntc is A Sensor Hex is Heat exchanger tho in you case its the hot water hear exchanger

I'm pretty sure this boiler has a twin pass heat exchanger and not a seperate dhw heat exchanger. I'd test the thermistors (ntc sensors), most likely they are at fault and telling the boiler that it's up to temperature when its not.

Hi guys,
I do have a few more things i would like to clarify, if i may...
Firstly, the ntc sensors im being advised to replace. When i look for boiler parts online (for dhw temp sensor) i can only find ptc sensors not ntc as suggested. Is this acceptable???
Secondly, i have looked at the LED fault finding guide, when the main burner turns off the first two LEDs are lit which suggests there is a problem with the flow meter and there is a problem with the no mains electricty/switches off/fuse blown. Is this the case or would replacing the ntc (or ptc) thermistor with the dhw temp sensor remedy this problem also?
Sorry if thats not very clear, im still a little confused myself.
Again, thanks for all your help. Its let me get this far. I know a damn sight more now than i did this morning (which is still prob next to nothing).
Cheers

We no what is wrong with your boiler but i am not saying what it is as you need a Gas safe Engineer to come out and repair your boiler

We no what is wrong with your boiler but i am not saying what it is as you need a Gas safe Engineer to come out and repair your boiler

Hi,
It wasnt my intention to do the work myself just get a clear understanding of whats going on and see if there was any possibility of saving a few quid buying the parts myself...
Well, thats me reprimanded, thanks for your earlier support, guess i'll go and speak with a gsr.
Ta

a sorry way you were taking was you were going to do your self.

Post on the gsr wanted bit sure someone on here would be happy to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optima 901 - Diverter valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ancient ferroli 901 optima that due to recent redundancy I am unable to replace , for a good while now there has been short cycling issues , things I have checked and ticked off the check list , temp sensors on pipe , heat exchange , pcb (replaced) , one suggestion however was changing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the water would also constantly drip \ stream water from the overhead rain head. When selecting the rain head the pressure was very reduced and the water...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
I've just had a back boiler removed and combi boiler installed and have noticed that my radiators are heating up when using the hot water. I've been told this is due to the residual heat being moved around the system once the hot water is satisfied. But the radiators are heating up as soon as i...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock