Search the forum,

Discuss Fernox desludger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeannie

Hello chaps

Two years and 20 call outs (insured)

The radiators were power flushed two years ago and an inhibitor left in the system
Two years on fernox water sample is clear.
Filter also fitted two years ago.
System loses pressure but mostly just stops
Engineer says the boiler itself is probably sludged up.
Recommends Fernox sludge remover

sound like we finally have the answer? Shall I go and buy this?

Get another opinion

b Be surprised if its sludges up again unless it was never flushed accordingly in the first instance.

Hello chaps

Two years and 20 call outs (insured)

System loses pressure but mostly just stops

Engineer says the boiler itself is probably sludged up.
Recommends Fernox sludge remover

sound like we finally have the answer? Shall I go and buy this?
A bit more information required what just stops ? & how often do you have to top up the sealed system?
Warning
If you have a leak on the system a strong sludge remover could make it very much worse.

Is your engineer suggesting that sludge is causing the pressure to keep dropping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fernox desludger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
I have a central heating system in a 7yr old ‘Persimmons’ new build, that has several problems related to reduced flow. A nice retired engineer on these forums, has helped me, through extensive testing, identify the heat exchanger as the culprit. The boiler is a Glowworm Ultracom 24hxi, 10...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently moved into an eight bed victorian B&B. Th previous owners had a very, very relaxed attitude to maintenance and improvement! We have found two radiators that have leaked (perforated), suggesting inhibitor wasn't used for some period. On removing one on the ground floor, it...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I had my new boiler and 13 radiators installed in July last year, but since installed all the radiators always top half hot and bottom half cold or warm. I know that if radiators top half hot bottom half cold/warm, it indicates there's sludge in the system. But as the radiators were all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock