Search the forum,

Discuss Alpha 240 eco turning on / off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nb123

We have an Alpha Ocean 240 Eco.

On both CH and DHW, the boiler fires correctly, then after about 30 to 40 seconds the boiler flame turns right down for a while and the neon warning light comes on. Then after a while the neon warning light goes off and the boiler flame lights up again.

There are no unusual noises, and during the 'off' time it sounds like the pump is still working ok. The duration of the 'off' time seems to increase as time passes.

For DHW, the water only manages to get like warm before it goes off. For CH, the radiators get warm but not hot, and then cool down slightly before the boiler fires up again.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

I take it that the orange neon comes on?

Either flue Venturis or Air pressure switch or main PCB.

Hello Alpha man,

Yes, the orange neon does come on. I've noticed that for CH, the orange neon will flicker for a few seconds before coming on solidly, which is when the burner dies down; whilst for DHW, the light does not flicker at all - it comes on solidly and the burner dies down instantly.

In both cases, when the burner dies down, the boiler doesn't change the noise that it normally makes, it still sounds like it's trying to run, a bit like a formula one car whose revs are throttled back when it enters the pit lane !

I will take your advice and reply later.

NB

Alpha man,

Have taken your advice and also given everything a good clean.

The overall situation is much improved, which is very welcome and surprising, as I haven't really done anything !

DHW and CH working nearly ok with just an occassional 'die down'. It also seems to have been getting a bit better as each day has passed. The boiler had been out of action for a few months over the summer, but is now performing quite acceptably.

Thank you for your time.

NB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Alpha 240 eco turning on / off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View: https://youtu.be/Touvx2c3RJE ">this video</a> I took when turning it back on this morning (it had been off overnight) - it shows the behaviour, but if that fails, all the...
Replies
Views
Went to a customer today their glow worm Ultracom 24 HE goes to fire up then cuts out turning the heating pump off, then does the same again before firing and running. Occasionally shows the flame is lit on display but flow temp doesn’t go much past 26. Then if you turn off and try again...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock