Search the forum,

Discuss Why Oh Why do some people not understand NO! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumben

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So i got a call to day from a customer of the fella who does my gas work/ i served my time with and have nearly finished doing my gas with (As hes on holiday)
that the boilers gone off and they cant get the heating on, so i go round straight away, check all the controls and the basic stuff, looked at the fault finding for the boiler and everything pointed towards the fan or Gas valve, so i told the customer I cant Fix it as i haven't got my Gas Safe, so they can either wait a week till my gas man is back or they can call another engineer out to fix it as i cant, to which they replied well cant you just do it and we wont tell anyone, I said No its not worth the risk,

so they got an engineer out and then rang me back, yeah it was the fan the fella sprayed it with WD40 and its work and has qouted £360 in Vat to swap the fan tomorrow, can you tell your Gas man to do it once hes back, yeah fine i say,

then 5:30pm Phone rings the boilers gone off, can you go get a fan tomorrow and come do it for us, No No i cant, ohh but that sounds a lot £360 i said it sound quite resonable to me Parts being £230 ohh okay then we'll ring him back,

Then 9:00Pm can you come spray the fan with WD40 and get it going, No i cant im Not GAS SAFE, Ohh but we wont tell anyone No sorry Not worth the risk,

Not to mention i was never paid or offered payment for my time earlier

Rant Over!

Ah yes I won't tell anybody.
If something goes wrong, they'll hang you by your Christmas decorations, if ye get me

Ah yes I won't tell anybody.
If something goes wrong, they'll hang you by your Christmas decorations, if ye get me

thats how i look at it, if there house blows up from a gas leak there not going to be keeping quite then, Not that that would ever happen from one of my jobs..................Hopefully

They'd **** I. Your pockey as soon as look at you. Well done for sticking to your guns.

They'd **** I. Your pockey as soon as look at you. Well done for sticking to your guns.

when they ring me again tomorrow which no doubt they will ill just tell them yeah I'll do it but it'll be £6578 up front payment with a further £12565 on completion to take the risk and see what they say, Gas safe will only fine me £2000 tops

when they ring me again tomorrow which no doubt they will ill just tell them yeah I'll do it but it'll be £6578 up front payment with a further £12565 on completion to take the risk and see what they say, Gas safe will only fine me £2000 tops

Got to be worth a try.

Need to work on your No.

It's NO, then FECK OFF!

I Was still hoping on Payment for the wasted hour trying to see if i could get the boiler to light,
The worst bit is the woman mum has just come out of hospital and its not like there tight on money Just with it

get a quote from the manufacturer for fixed repair add £50 and send them around, ask for all paperwork etc.... to be billed to your address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why Oh Why do some people not understand NO! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my house, in place of the garage, most would give me a suggestion to put in a) an extension to the existing boiler rad circuit & electric water heaters...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock