Search the forum,

Discuss Strange noise coming from lpg tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We recently had our LPG gas regulator replaced in our home as the old one was faulty and today i have noticed since its been replaced and the heating has been turned on this morning i am getting a strange whining noise coming from the gas tanks. Can anyone please advise what this noise is please

yes there is, here is a photo of the new one
IMG-20190823-WA0001.jpg

Don't you need a first and second stage regulator.
Should there not be a regulator at the bottle connection?

Sounds like a pressure related issue.
Could also be the bottle has been overfilled and the liquid is passing out through the valve instead of vapour.

Don't you need a first and second stage regulator.
Should there not be a regulator at the bottle connection?

Sounds like a pressure related issue.
Could also be the bottle has been overfilled and the liquid is passing out through the valve instead of vapour.

Unit is a first and second

Op is the valve open fully ?
On the bottle
Also the unit valve is shut on the pipework (yellow butterfly) in the pic ??

Sorry the picture was taken just after installation a few days ago so the yellow butterfly is now in the open position. I have opened the valve fully on the bottle after your comment and the noise seems to have diminished considerably. I have moved the bottle slighty and I think it's very close to being empty would that have something to do with it
the noise is still there a little this morning, could anyone advise what the sound is, is it anything to worry about??
The noise is still there a little this morning, could anyone please advise what it is, is it anything to worry about
The noise is still there a little this morning, could anyone please advise what it is, is it anything to worry about
The noise is still there a little this morning, could anyone please advise what it is, is it anything to worry about ??
t
Sorry the picture was taken just after installation a few days ago so the yellow butterfly is now in the open position. I have opened the valve fully on the bottle after your comment and the noise seems to have diminished considerably. I have moved the bottle slighty and I think it's very close to being empty would that have something to do with it

Sorry about the above message.looks like my laptop had issues :) The noise is still there a little this morning, could anyone please advise what it is, is it anything to worry about ??

Last edited:

Reply to Strange noise coming from lpg tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Could someone tell me what this is, please? (coming from a Joule Cyclone unvented cylinder) It was making a distinct knocking, vibrating, rattling sound, I turned it slightly clockwise, and the noise stopped instantly. The system is 2.5 years old. is there something I need to do to prevent...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock