• Welcome to PlumbersLive.com - Please register for free, or login if you have an account here already. We have relaunched the forum with new forum software and a nice new feel to it. Find common questions related to Boilers, Central Heating, Gas Engineering, Water Plumbing, Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling - all in our forums.

shower waste full of water is it normal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pepelepew

Hello,

I just had a new shower tray fitting with 90mm waste, I find strange that the waste cup is always full of water and also the pipe. The water is exiting the tray but not really fast. Is it expected?
Picture below
[URL]https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wak9l3cizrvfmb/Photo%2021-01-2015%2014%2058%2029.jpg?dl=0[/URL]

Thanks!

Riley

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello and welcome. That will be a trap water seal to stop the bad smells coming back up from the sewer.

kris

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Pepe and welcome, like already mentioned the cup of water acts as a trap n stops that drainage smell entering your shower room, as regarding the speed it flows away I can only think that it's either not u great run in the drain pipe or the pipes starting to fur up , u could always try a drain unblocker ( caustic soda ) out of a builders merchants,

Status
Not open for further replies.