Search the forum,

Discuss Remeha avanti combi boiler problem with hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnwilkinson

I have a problem with a remeha avanti combi boiler in that the boiler keeps failing when asked for hot water.it gives an error code and switches off.it does this whether the central heating is on or off.can anyone suggest what the problem may be.

Overheating, check that the air vent on top of the boiler is open (top left) and system pressure is ok, otherwise youwill need to get a gsr in to check a couple of things.

As said overheating of the main heat exchanger..Possible faults..

1. Filter in left hand brass manifold blocked
2. Plate heat ex blocked

Thanks for your reply.I dont realy undestand what you mean by overheating.The system pressure is around 1.5 bar

Thanks for your reply.The plate heat exchanger has been changed and system cleaned,so maybe its the brass manifold?

It would be the easiest thing to check (return filter) could also look at plate again to confirm its not blocked.

I have a similar problem when calling for hot water, the error code is e7 and when I run the shower it makes horrendous noises like a bucket of nails rattling around then goes to the error code. Advice would be great

I have a similar problem when calling for hot water, the error code is e7 and when I run the shower it makes horrendous noises like a bucket of nails rattling around then goes to the error code. Advice would be great
This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Do I have to register for that not just put my gas safe number in as a guest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remeha avanti combi boiler problem with hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock