Search the forum,

Discuss Quick question... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Gotta quote replacement trvs... like for like, all currently on microbore plastic with those collapsible internal brass reducers which I don't normally rate!

Is it okay to re-use the these fittings or isn't that asking for trouble... don't want to have to add couplers on all of them as it would look a mess!

Thanks

If it's the one piece brass ones, in my opinion I don't rate these and it is the chance you take. I've had these leak from new.
The 3 piece ones with the olive in the middle are as good as you get for internal reducers. If it's them, then jet blue it as you go, should be fine.

if one piece i wouldnt use them again i have always found them ok always wrapped pt. around the gap so when it splits as you tighten its helps the seal. i would fit new olive/ reducers

One of these good ideas on paper.
But Fails in practice.

Ptfe and they'll be OK

If they're 15 x 10 what about a Push fit spigot reducer, it may give you some length without adding a coupler.
Can't see any 15 x 8 tho'

It's the drayton 1 piece collapsible ones onto 8mm plastic I believe, think I'm gonna have to brace it but there's about 15 to do :(

I tend to take some yorkshire reducers ( they are longer) and cut the microbore, solder on and replace with a 15mm valve.

You sure it's 8mm plastic and not 10mm? Don't think I've ever seen 8mm plastic, is that a thing?
I hate those collapsable reducers bloomin horrible idea, I'd be 'too busy' unless there's scope to redo all the pipe ends, if the pipes come up from under the floor you're laughing.

I tend to take some yorkshire reducers ( they are longer) and cut the microbore, solder on and replace with a 15mm valve.

I normally do that but less options on plastic... pretty sure it's 8mm grey plastic

You sure it's 8mm plastic and not 10mm? Don't think I've ever seen 8mm plastic, is that a thing?
I hate those collapsable reducers bloomin horrible idea, I'd be 'too busy' unless there's scope to redo all the pipe ends, if the pipes come up from under the floor you're laughing.

Good point, I have only seen 10mm plastic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quick question... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock