Search the forum,

Discuss People Are Strange. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Started a bathroom on Monday.
Told them I would be late arriving as I was finishing off another job. Bloke said it was ok as long as finished this week. So I arrived just after three. She obviously wasnt happy, I was just willing her to say something so I could rufo.
So tiles off, bath panel (pine cladding) all removed and cleaned up.
Tuesday, reboarded ceiling, skimmed ceiling, skimmed part of wall where tiles had been and lifted a section of floor to check out pipe routes.
Today water off, bath out, basin out and all new hot and colds chased into wall for new basin and shower. Cleaned out and dumped rubbish. Bloke comes in at 5, so you,ll be finished friday? Yep, basin, wc, tray, enclosure all coming in the morning before 9 and wall panels first thing friday morning.
Then he says well the wife has to go out on friday at 12.00 and he will be back at 3.30 and I'll be locked out the house for three and a half hours, but I can work as late as I want. WTF.
I said in that case it wont get finished this week then. So surprise surprise, she's not going out.
Strange.

I don't see why they couldn't leave you in the house, I've got keys and alarm codes to, most of my customers

Jeez Simon. They sound like right twonks. Like Pipeman I have had a week of them too. Must be the time of year they emerge from their cocoons. :mad2:

I feel like i need a holiday, every job and every customer is getting on my t1ts at the mo.

Im finding that most people want A1 class job doing, perfect to a tee, but want to pay rock bottom prices ( i do a lot of subby work at the mo as my own stuff is deadly quiet)

Sometimes I think people try to push you a little far

She was probably 'lunching'

Why wouldn't they leave you there? Where's the trust?

Did you spend you own money on materials? You ain't gonna rob them.

Jayzussss

its strange but in my experience its those with nothing to steal are the least likely to leave you in the house maybe people with money and big houses are so used to having builders and service industries in their house the dont worry about it
or perhaps those sort of people dont have cash around

its strange but in my experience its those with nothing to steal are the least likely to leave you in the house maybe people with money and big houses are so used to having builders and service industries in their house the dont worry about it
or perhaps those sort of people dont have cash around

I once worked in a house and the little old woman asked if I could hold the ladder whilst she got in the loft, I was very confused and told her she didn't need to go up there to show me the cwsc, she came down with a big wod of notes must of been 5-10k easy and stuffed it in her pocket

I once worked in a house and the little old woman asked if I could hold the ladder whilst she got in the loft, I was very confused and told her she didn't need to go up there to show me the cwsc, she came down with a big wod of notes must of been 5-10k easy and stuffed it in her pocket

I bet that ball valve change cost £9999 ;)

Good old girl

Started a bathroom on Monday.
Told them I would be late arriving as I was finishing off another job. Bloke said it was ok as long as finished this week. So I arrived just after three. She obviously wasnt happy, I was just willing her to say something so I could rufo.
So tiles off, bath panel (pine cladding) all removed and cleaned up.
Tuesday, reboarded ceiling, skimmed ceiling, skimmed part of wall where tiles had been and lifted a section of floor to check out pipe routes.
Today water off, bath out, basin out and all new hot and colds chased into wall for new basin and shower. Cleaned out and dumped rubbish. Bloke comes in at 5, so you,ll be finished friday? Yep, basin, wc, tray, enclosure all coming in the morning before 9 and wall panels first thing friday morning.
Then he says well the wife has to go out on friday at 12.00 and he will be back at 3.30 and I'll be locked out the house for three and a half hours, but I can work as late as I want. WTF.
I said in that case it wont get finished this week then. So surprise surprise, she's not going out.
Strange.

SimonG , I feel sorry for you...

I hate working like this under pressure ... ppl asking every single minute " will you manage to finish by friday ? " ... common man , if they really want something good and not cutting corners ... they should at least give us a bit of time , rushing jobs isnt worth,it seriously ... slow down and do your job right so you avoid hassle afterwards

You need to be clearer with your posts, I'm not quite sure what you mean?

Stand in front of a mirror then!!

Chant " Mirror,mirror on the wall, who'd the biggest arsehole of them all"

If the mirror doesn't reply "Why you dear Leo",

get some glasses or some hearing aids and try again.

You set yourself up for this one :rofl:

Stand in front of a mirror then!!

Chant " Mirror,mirror on the wall, who'd the biggest arsehole of them all"

If the mirror doesn't reply "Why you dear Leo",

get some glasses or some hearing aids and try again.

You set yourself up for this one :rofl:

I'll give it a go, I'll let you know how u got on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to People Are Strange. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes sunk into wall behind bath. Walls have fresh tiles. Have realised as about to fit shower these pipes one is set higher than the other. If you fit a...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock