Search the forum,

Discuss Out of my depth please help!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lambchop

3 rd time ive tried to post this... so this is the really really short version

Is there a 3 port valve that only has 3 wires (l,n,e) on it made by honeywell please guys that has a relay in the wiring centre?

Thanks Roger for quick reply, custard says the hw is too hot which i thought the valve is not closing properly, also the pump is permanantly live the other port of the valve is connected to the return of the boiler which cuts out due to overheating.

Boiler producing heat, ch pump always live, hw pump always live. 3 port valve to hw i dont think closes properly if hw side is closed becos pump is always on the primary flow is diverted straight back into the return so boiler keeps overheating and cutting out. There is a gate vale to restrict the return back to the boiler. Custard has messed about with everything down there. I am reluctant to turn turn this gate valve as in the MI's there can be a bypass fitted. Also if it is turned down to low the HTG primary will be diverted back up the cylinder return coil! hope this makes sense...

wplan.jpg

Typical W plan FYI

Thanks very much but I must be having a brain fart as this system has 2 pumps, 1 for htg & 1 for hw and the 3 port valve is left of the header and on the primary for the hw. 1 port goes to the the cylinder and the other port is on the return back to the boiler. The pump for the htg is right of the header. Both pumps are live no matter if room or cylinder stat are calling or not. If hw is statisfied the return back to the boiler is scalding hot as the pump for the hw is always on and the circuit from the primary flow back to the return to the boiler is about 1.2 metres of pipework

I gues the diverter on the Hw was to allow for a pump overrun, sounds like a interesting one, just need to work through it with a multimeter to see what's going on (or replace with something sensible)

Hi lads thanks for all the help. I think the system Im cack handedly describing above is a SMC Controller twin pump system (has got a relay) with a 3 port valve on the hw primary acting as a pump overrun!... a Y plan system is the way to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Out of my depth please help!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock