Search the forum,

Discuss Odd lockshield valves - can anyone help me adjust them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gomez

Hi - got some rather old rads in my place with some odd valves. Can anyone tell me how I might adjust these? It doesn't appear to be obvious! I am not a plumber but grateful if any of you could help me.

Can get pics of better quality if necessary. Basically first pic shown valve normally and 2nd shows it with the face bit screwed off.

Regards

Gomez

DigiCam 240610 052.jpg

DigiCam 240610 053.jpg

It is an old conex lockshield.
Put the cap back on it and turn the screw.

Great. It does say Conex on the cap. So I just use a flathead to turn the screw thing in and out and dont need to even take the thing apart? It seems a bit weird. The screw doesn't appear to be adjusting anything. I presume the further the screw is turned in the more closed the valve?

If you keep screwing it in it will stop and the valve will be closed. Works on something the same principle as a tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Odd lockshield valves - can anyone help me adjust them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we had underfloor heating installed about 15 years ago. Some of the actuator valves are now leaking and we need to replace them. I'm trying to source some that fit. The plastic caps which came with the originals had the 'Watts' brand on. I've tried ordering a couple of the most common valves...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi all, please could anyone help me with the following issue im having. I will start off with listing the scenario in case it helps. Boiler - Ideal Icos. Property - 4 bed System age - around 16 yrs. I have a problem in my en-suite, whereby i am unable to get the towel rail to heat up - this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock