Search the forum,

Discuss No floor fixing to Tavistock Ion WC Pan - Plumber says it cannot be done. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

A plumber has installed a Tavistock Ion open backed closed couple WC in my bathroom. This is part of a full bathroom refurbishment so the plumber has installed the above floor soil pipe from the soil stack. The soil pipe has been boxed and tiled.

The plumber has not used the proprietary hidden mechanical floor fixing kit because he claims the WC cannot be installed with the floor fixing included. The pan has been 'fixed' with silicone sealant.

My common sense view is that Tavistock would not offer the floor fixing system if it was impractical to adopt.

Is this a common problem or has the plumber failed to tackle the installation appropriately.

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No floor fixing to Tavistock Ion WC Pan - Plumber says it cannot be done. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This sounds like an examination question but it really is a problem two different plumbers have been unable to resolve after spending several hours studying my hot water system. My flat has a vented hot water system supplying hot water to the kitchen and bathroom taps. The pump is a Stuart...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector, but it hasn't done anything to fix the leak (and has cost us over £200). The plumber has told us that it can't be fixed due to the height of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock