Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Mexico Super 2 RS70 - Popping noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kencat

Ideal Mexico - gravity fed system firing and heating water and rads - no leaks, rads bled . BUT started to make frequent and irregular popping sounds 10-15 seconds after firing has started. Any suggestions?

Could be the heat exchanger Ketteling

Sentinel X200 Boiler Descaler | Cleaner | NoLinkingToThis

Well most common is scale or debre build up in the cast iron heat exchanger and the water when heated has extra resistance causes some strange sounds but popping...it could also be a cracked/dirty or damaged burner,maybe time to get it serviced by a boiler gas safe operative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Mexico Super 2 RS70 - Popping noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi all...got some issues....drained my working ok system yesterday to upgrade some 15 to 22 on the flow and return rad circuit. Refilled and bled up. Fired boiler up, had hot water and rads for 3-4 hours... Turned off to cool. Boiler would not fire on timer later, demand wouldnt work either...
Replies
Views
Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old Its conventional mains gas boiler central heating system (not a combi) the boiler is an “Ideal logic 18” – with hot water tank in an upstairs airing...
Replies
Views
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or area by the water tank has started making a loud groaning noise whenever hot water has been running for much over a minute (sometimes less). Since the weather has gotten cooler, the radiators seem to come on (unless turned off at the TRV) whenever a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock