Search the forum,

Discuss ideal classic system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

did not take a manual with me to service this boiler. removed the burner to clean and then tried to remove the combustion chamber to clean the heat ex . ended up distirbing the rope seal . can the combustion chamber be removed or is cleaning the heat exch only poss by removing the fan assy.

ant

You have to remove thermocouple assembly and injector.

4 posi screws around injector removes the 'collar' which allows combustion chamber to be taken out. You will obviously see the 2 vertical and 2 vdiagonal rods holding it in place from the outside.

Be careful not to damage seal to rear of 'collar'

Hope this helps.

You have to remove thermocouple assembly and injector.

4 posi screws around injector removes the 'collar' which allows combustion chamber to be taken out. You will obviously see the 2 vertical and 2 vdiagonal rods holding it in place from the outside.

Be careful not to damage seal to rear of 'collar'

Hope this helps.

thanks .i was afraid of damaging the rope seal , is it possible to clean heat ex with brush leaving box in place just remove burner

ant

Yeah flat brush upwards from beneath will get between ths fins ok.

Haven't serviced one of these yet that hasn't required the seal to be re glued or replaced.

Yeah flat brush upwards from beneath will get between ths fins ok.

Haven't serviced one of these yet that hasn't required the seal to be re glued or replaced.

what glue did you use i think i may have disturbed either the rope or the seal on the collar that attaches the fan to the flue,
or possibly the chamber seals as the boiler is now firing up and staying lit intermittenly

Mick all the posts have now been closed and moved into a private forum for gsre only , if you are one please PM redsaw or gasman your number.

we don't give out gas advice to DIY erers thanks enjoy the forum

Mick all the posts have now been closed and moved into a private forum for gsre only , if you are one please PM redsaw or gasman your number.

we don't give out gas advice to DIY erers thanks enjoy the forum

no they haven't :lol:

well i am gas safe registered and i have had the pm from dan (desperate dan avatar) iam quite new to this, how do you get the gs registered logo under your avatar ? and how would i find the answer to this with out starting a new thread and having to wait

The yellow badge side of your name now allows you into the private section of the gas safe forum

cheers, is this exact thread open in the gas safe forum or do i have to start it up again ? if its not open could someone just pm me with the advice this time ? as i will be heading back tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal classic system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have dropped out of his van) on my shared drive. My neighbour pointed it out to me since he was parked in her space. I tried to remove it with water and...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Hi! I have mostly underfloor heating in my house and one new radiator and two old. A bit of metal pipes and three manifolds, but mostly PEX-pipes. The heat source is a Vaillant FlexoCompact 88/4 heatpump. The plumbers which installed the heatpump added Elysator Sanol (cleaning agent) and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock