Search the forum,

Discuss High pressure on highflow 400 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cwrtcoed

Hi
i currently have a worchester highflow 400 rsf combi. The past 6 weeks the overflow pipe been dripping water, I've checked the water pressure and this was up to 3 bar. I've had the expansion tank replaced twice (first one was faulty) but the pressure is still high.
ive changed the heat exchanger in case there was a leak between the two feeds but still pressure is still the same. I've also bled all the rads and still the pressure is still 3 bar.
ive drained the water reducing the pressure to zero, it's only when I refill with the cold feed supply the pressure doesn't want to stay low.
Im not where else it can be leaking from. I have thought it could be either the top or bottom manifolds which the heat exchange fits to but not sure how these can be checked. Would the diverter valve cause this problem as well? Because I have a spare one to fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need my friend is a gas safe engineer to come and take a look at this as you aren't qualified to work on it so what you're doing is illegal

Sorry when I say I, my friend who's a qualified plumber has done this I've been there with him.
He's stumped as to what it is,I'd appreciate any positive answers, thanks

Sorry to say unless your gas safe we can't offer any advice as you might or might not try and fix it your self

We don't discuss gas burning appliances on an open forum hope you understand

Get your friend to register

Thanks for you honesty, my friend is calling up this afternoon just wanted to see what other problems it could be to save us time. But, again i can't prove if I'm telling they truth, no problem ill go to another site for advice, thanks

Not your fault mate but there lies the problem other sites shouldn't be giving this information either it is completely irresponsible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High pressure on highflow 400 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no issue, however, when running the heating the pressure drops. Im looking for some ideas on what could be causing this. I have no sign of pipe leaks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock