Search the forum,

Discuss HELLLLPPPP! Heatline C24 No DHW!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monkertron

Please Help.

We have a Heatline C24 Combi Condensing boiler. I know they are naff but not got £1500 at the mo for an new boiler.

Fault: Lack of hot water - lukewarm at best. CH still works fine.

Background: A few weeks ago, the boiler had a fault displaying on the panel, with the DHW sensor alert. I took a look and pulled out the sensor and replugged it. This seemed to clear the fault. About a 1.5 week later, no hot water but the CH is fine. All taps flow rate ar fine.
The Hot water goes to get warm then tails off into lukewarm and coldish.

Get the local engineer out and he says divertor valve could be faulty and will cost approx. £300 all in. But says will try a valve service kit first. Still no joy.
Back again today to replace the 3way valve motor. Again still no joy. Takes into account me mentioning the DHW sensor and now is ordering a replacement for this.

Obviously i'm no plumber. Could this be the fault? Would a faulty sensor potientially limit the temp of the DHW? Can you test this without ordering a part?
Where next? there seems about 12-15 parts in the whole boiler... can a engineer who mentions they had worked for BGas for 20 odd yrs not diagnose this issue after 2 go's?
Am i being harsh and how long should we go on replacing parts before it is fixed!!!

I am desperate as i have a due pregnant wife who will do anything for a hot bath fix.
PLEASE HELP ALL YOU HEROES of Plumbing.!

could be a thermistor he should be able to rule this out on visit 1,also rule out motor and plate heat exchanger

being a heatline could be several problems , which have to be resolved together to make it work, can be hard to get right sometimes, hence why some people say dont waste your money , slap in a replacement boiler, not overly helpful, but can be better in the long term.

Have the same problem on my heatline....was in the house when we moved in 4 months ago before anyone asks! Have warm water at best......I did the valve repair kit process a couple of weeks ago after it had developed a leak......not sure of my next steps....I know I should look to get a new boiler but have £15k's worth of wedding bills at the mo so really can't afford it :eek:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HELLLLPPPP! Heatline C24 No DHW!!!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Hey everyone, I'll keep it short. Had our old system boiler replaced with a new Ideal system boiler set up. Then the problems began. First issue was the pump went faulty, so the pump was replaced. This then led to a new issue coming up where the central heating would work, but not the hot...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I recently had an extension, new bathroom and new en-suite fitted. Prior to the works the hot water worked. Now we have moved back we have no hot water. British gas came for 5 hours on saturday and replaced every single part of the boiler to do with the hot water as well as the...
Replies
Views
Hi all i have an odd one, i have had one like this before but would like to know the reasoning behind it if there are any explanations. My customer has had a bath installed a year and a half ago but has had no constant hot water through the tap since it came out of the box. She has put up with...
Replies
Views
Hi, Firstly, I am neither plumber nor heating engineer, just a willing diy, have a go guy. I have a Grant 26 oil fired combi boiler which started continually leaking water from the prv to the outside. The pressure was at 1 bar until the heating system cut in, when it would increase to 2.5 and...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all First timer here - after reading a lot of the advice present I thought it would make sense to get stuck in and throw something into the ring. I am a Landlord and Agent operating new build properties in the Nottinghamshire areas, and have what seems to be an ongoing problem with one...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock