Search the forum,

Discuss Fouled up motorised valve body in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaybeecee

If your central heating has a motorised valve directing the hot water supply from the boiler to the DHW or CH loop (or both) and your boiler starts getting alarms make sure youe motorised valve body is not clogged up and fighting the actuator. The actuator makes the electrical connections that the boiler relies on and the valve body makes the phyisical movement to direct supply appropriately, so if the body is gunged up it makes the actutor work hard or, perhaps, not at all.

Took off Sunvic Sd2701 off and found it hard to turn valve by hand. Got a new body (EDT2702)off ebay, drained down and replaced it using existing olives and back nuts. Seems OK now. 'Spose I should have gone down MoMo lane they say valve bodies will fit pipework but I didn't want to find pipe tails just too long or too short - took the easy way out (story of my life!) Regards Jaybeecee

Nice one ... Was your water real dirty? Did you put some inhibitor in when you refilled? Might be worth considering!

Took the opportunity to take off a downstairs rad which was on a loop and so had never been flushed as far as I know - very dirty but saved the carpet (waited 'till the wife was out - thought it best, rabbit pie and all that). Now running through with clean water before draining again and adding a litre of Sentilnel X100 (other inhibitors are available!) to F&E tank. Thanks for interest. I've put in a few systems when it wasn't necessary to be qualified but now I'm restricted to the boring stuff. Never mind, all in the interest of safety I suppose. Regards Jaybeecee

As long as the 'boring stuff' keeps the wolves from the doors eh?

You may want to check out the positions of your cold feed and vent pipes by the way jaybeecee just in case your getting some pumping over or surging going on.... Anyhoo's any help needed or more wisdom to share, this is the place to come ...

Hope the system fills sweetly for you and your not chasing air all over the place...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fouled up motorised valve body in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock