Search the forum,

Discuss Drain down central heating and refill with radiators off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have probably done a silly thing here so need some advice.

I drained down the central heating system with a hose pipe from the drain off on the radiator closest to the door. No problems. Then I removed 3 radiators as we had the decorators in for a few weeks. As the decorators were in for a few weeks I filled the central heating system up with the radiators off and ends capped so we could it.
Now it’s time to put the radiators back on again and when I come to drain down the system nothing comes out of the hose from the drain off tap by the front door (by the way that was one of the radiators I removed). So I am guessing I have stopped the water somewhere else in the system and it’s not getting to the pipes by the front door to drain the water off.

How do I now drain down the system so I can put the radiators back on?

Thanks in advance.

Often , if a system will not drain, use nice rubber pipe from your garden and then stamp up and down in it on a hard surface you will get suction..and then it will drain I saw the answer 503 so thought I would just throw this in ...chking

Reply to Drain down central heating and refill with radiators off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I drained the the central heating, to remove a radiator. After refilling it, the heating now won’t work. It’s a combi . I’m getting this symbol
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one on the existing brackets, and reconnect the existing valves, and then top up. Would draining the entire system be necessary? If draining is not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock