Search the forum,

Discuss Brand new ideal logic plus install - boiler can be heard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

I installed a ideal logic for my grandparents, I've installed loads of them and never had an issue. Unfortunately for me, my grandfather is complaining it sounds like a train coming through the house ( maybe a slight over reaction lol) but to be honest i can hear the boiler running from downstairs in the living room, which is directly beneath where the boiler is installed. I would say its the pump or the water flow that can be heard more than anything. Don't get me wrong, it's not ridiculously bad, it's just it can be heard slightly louder than it should. Normally I can't hear a thing!!

any ideas what could cause this? I worried it may be cos I didn't clip the pipes as much as I normally do. Only reason for this was because the pipes where all in the wrong positions ( old ferroli used to be there instead) and I could have clipped it as much as I wanted as the pipes wouldn't of gone in the clips due to the wall being all over the place

any advice appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it when the boiler is firing or also when its just pump over run?
Was it the same with the old boiler?
Any pipes hitting floor boards/joists?
If you hold the flow & return does it stop?

Have them post up in the i'm looking for a plumber section to get a reputable forum member to come take a look....

;)

no valves on the main flow or return? Anywhere?

Fit a bypass below boiler adjust to remove noise. Did have one tho with vertical flue sounded horrific was gas valve.

Thanks for the info guys, will double check the obvious things and rebalance rads

What 'clips' do people use when walls are uneven to ensure pipes are nice and neat?

Well guys, boilers still that little bit to noisey. Had another look today. I think I need get those pipes clipped as best as possible as that may help a bit but after a search on google it seems it's a bit of a common problem. It's seems to be related to the pump speed, so I fired the boiler up and disconnected the pump and long behold the noise stopped. Now I don't think it's a noise from a faulty pump, just seems the pump is running at full sipped and there's no way to turn it down. I've opened all the rad valve fully (lock shield and trv's) and it's still the same. The pump must be well over powered as even with all the lock shields open, all the rads in the house are getting hot whereas before with the isar installed (yes I know lol) I had to balance the rads to get the heat downstairs. Btw the heating system has 10mm to all rads

ideal are coming out Friday to take a look but I really don't see what can be done. I've read something about putting a new variable speed pump in there instead but I'm guessing that will void the warranty plus it'll cost more money, also read about putting in a auto bypass to curb the noise

what do you think? Can't believe I've took an isar out and the boiler I've replaced it with is worse in the customers mind.

I've read something about putting a new variable speed pump in there instead but I'm guessing that will void the warranty plus it'll cost more money, also read about putting in a auto bypass to curb the noise

Let Ideal engineer worry about that. It is their responsibility to sort it out.
BTW, your grandparents are not customers, they are family :D

I've read something about putting a new variable speed pump in there instead but I'm guessing that will void the warranty plus it'll cost more money, also read about putting in a auto bypass to curb the noise

Let Ideal engineer worry about that. It is their responsibility to sort it out.
BTW, your grandparents are not customers, they are family :D

Haha, definitely family cos I get paid for fitting a boiler from customers. Not the case when it's family :-(

I fit these boiler & I've had 2 similar problems

1 was a faulty ideal RF room stat / programer telling the boiler to go in to 'pump over run' non-stop, ideal changed the RF room stat & pump.

2 was at my grandparents, sounded like the boiler was fitted with a dump-valve, that was a faulty gas valve. Ideal engineer said sometimes a big moth or spider can get stuck in the flue / air way's, allowing poor air / gas mix.

Both problems was sorted by IDEAL, both boilers working fine now.

We'll guys, ideal engineer came out, seems it is the fact that the pump is too powerful and the fact it's on a 10mm piped system is making it worse. Had a good chat with him about options but he did say as of next year, all boilers will need to have modulating pumps so should solve these issue but could make things worse.

If the system is not very clean, then it would make it a lot worse. Any build up of sludge in the system & it will make the pumps play up.

Thats the way I understand it, how true I'm not sure. But I know with a heat only set up, when I've fitted the new style of pumps & the system is dirty they seem to play up a bit. Taking longer to heat the rads etc etc.

What use to be a quick pump change could now be a power flush before hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brand new ideal logic plus install - boiler can be heard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock