Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi 105e main flow switch not operating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FromMyWay

Gurus,
Have a baxi 105e which has been switch off etc for last number of months. When started does not provide CH or DHW. Pump operates and DHW diverter M/S operates when hot tap turned on, but, main flow(ch) M/S does not operate, if I operate this manually the boiler fires up and heat hot water etc. How the diverter operate this microswitch, ie what differential pressure is caused to make the diapham plunger move. Have an internal time and external thermostat room, have not tried shorting pins 1 and 2 at this stage to illiminate. Can I do some to test the pressure movement process of valve.
Any help would be appricated.

Blow pressure off, mains off and take side panel off for access. Remove the microswitch from the top and unscrew 4 screws. note how the innards are arranged and remove all. There's a little hole in the middle of the bottom of the housing which blocks up. Get a little electicians screw driver and 'pop' it in, it'll be sludge. Reassemble and get warm

RoryD, Thank you very much for the prompt reply, could you just verify a few points in your thread. You said Blow pressure off, do you operate pressure release then turn off flow and return of CH circuit. I am not sure if the side panel of my boiler comes off but think I can get at the bits anyway. Will there not be water there? Thanks once again for your help

drain pressure off via a drain off cock do not use the prv in the boiler or youll need to replace that as well!

RoryD, Thank you very much for the prompt reply, could you just verify a few points in your thread. You said Blow pressure off, do you operate pressure release then turn off flow and return of CH circuit. I am not sure if the side panel of my boiler comes off but think I can get at the bits anyway. Will there not be water there? Thanks once again for your help

Don't touch the isolation valves mate, you'll have a real bad day!!!But yup release the pressure and if poss leave it open 'on the cam', and close off the auto air vent cap...it helps. Hoping you're gas safe m8,the screws are up the LH side and when the inner cover removed they are set at the back down the side. When undone you have to hit the bottom of panel as it slides upwards...you'll see. Isolate the cold mains to the house (just in case!!). Bowl underneath as there will be some water but don't panic it will stop (remember that!!).

Don't touch the isolation valves mate, you'll have a real bad day!!!But yup release the pressure and if poss leave it open 'on the cam', and close off the auto air vent cap...it helps. Hoping you're gas safe m8,the screws are up the LH side and when the inner cover removed they are set at the back down the side. When undone you have to hit the bottom of panel as it slides upwards...you'll see. Isolate the cold mains to the house (just in case!!). Bowl underneath as there will be some water but don't panic it will stop (remember that!!).
and dont let it run into the pcb

yes and the ridge on a baxi makes a ideal gutter to collect in front of the pcb when the doors down thank god for hair dryers LOL

Gurus,
Thank you all very much for your help, I removed the diaphragm at sure it was all gunked up. Cleaned all items with clean water etc. replaced and boiler worked perfectly. Once again thanks very much for all your help it was most appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi 105e main flow switch not operating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock