Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented cylinder pressure problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrMD

We have a flat with a typical unvented cylinder arrangement. Prv on incommer and external expansion vessel. We seem to have low cold pressure and are not sure if it's external to the flat or a problem with the cylinder arrangement in the flat. We also get high hot pressure when opening the hot taps for about 20seconds which dies down to cold pressure. Does this mean there is a problem with the cylinder arrangement? Or expansion vessel?

The management company have assured me the booster pumps are set to 5bar and there is no problem at their end,but I'm not sure I believe that!!

Any help is much appreciated. I've not been able to find a plumber who is interested enough to help. Do plumbers service these kind of units? What is involved in a service?

In Cardiff

Sounds like a blockage. Possibly in your strainer or combination valve.

Sounds like a blockage. Possibly in your strainer or combination valve.

Thanks v much for a useful reply. Would the strainer and combination value all be one unit?

I guess if it was a blockage in the combination value then it would affect the cold pressure too?

Thanks, know any good plumbers in Cardiff who could fix it this week? ;-)

They are usually in one unit and I'm 99% sure this is where your problem lies.

Post up in the plumber wanted section and someone will be in touch.

I tried posting for a plumber but for some reason Steveb sent me an unhelpful message and closed my thread after he had trouble working out where I needed the plumber (which was stated .in the thread title). I think one of the other moderators took the Mick so he felt embarrassed.

the "looking for a plumber" threads always get closed because they are not intended to be a place for discussion of the subject, simply the advertisement.
the place was only listed in the top line,
easy to miss that and think, where are you? Steve would only be trying to be helpful.

I tried posting for a plumber but for some reason Steveb sent me an unhelpful message and closed my thread after he had trouble working out where I needed the plumber (which was stated .in the thread title). I think one of the other moderators took the Mick so he felt embarrassed.
once again i can only apologise for the misunderstanding. not embarrassed at all lol :dizzy2:. we are a mostly happy bunch here and i hope you will feel able to stick around or even pop in once in a while.

Went to a job earlier and she said she has always had low water pressure all around the house (Seriously it dribbled out the taps). I turned the stop tap on and voila stonking pressure. Obviously no charge but I get to price her for a new mixer shower. Sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented cylinder pressure problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock