Search the forum,

Discuss PRV termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leebaz

Hi all. After passing my gas exams I had some bad luck with work so had to bite the bullet and take whatever job I could. Unfortunately that was driving to cut a long story short I've been offered a job doing gas and a bit of plumbing as the last plumber disappeared, so I've been told.

im now stuck finishing his work which as you can understand finishing other people work is not good.

Now on to the point ive been doing research on PRV terminations but it's very vague. There are many comments I have read that has said low level termination is ok but I have never come across it I was wondering if people could shed light on what they think to the attached pic. The bloke I'm working for says that's how his plumber always did it but It Just feels wrong to me...

Any help would be great

Lee

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 117
i would say no reason too close to door and looks to be inside

As you can see. Not only does it terminate at low level it is also next to a door

Lift the pressure in the system so the PRV lets go, whilst it's cold and you'll soon see if that location is a good idea.

That fitting needs to be closer to the wall, its sticking out too far, needs to go back to the shoulder
I'd say the location is ok, though not ideal(from what I can see) but, I would have used a 90 and a short bit of pipe bent back to the wall

Last edited:
I haven't done it. That's why I'm unsure. I've never seen 1 at low level but I am inexperienced that is why I am seeking advice.

Even if it was at high level and bent back to the wall would it still be an issue as it's next to a door?

Jonnyswamp that's how I have always done it.

That fitting needs to be closer to the wall, its sticking out too far, needs to go back to the shoulder
I'd say the location is ok, though not ideal(from what I can see) but, I would have used a 90 and a short bit of pipe bent back to the wall

I'd go with that, elbow and bent bit of pipe cut off square back to wall! Those BG fittings are bloody dear!

those mushrooms through the water back on the wall, best low down as all prvs should terminate close the the ground, a bit close to the door but so what. I use the mushrooms a lot now as they are tidier and look more professional to my mind, only cost a few quid.

We're all getting too fussy now if we're posting pictures like that lol!!

Who's gonna be first to say that a baby child maybe sat on the step innocently when whoosh 250 degree water comes out :p

Who's gonna be first to say that a baby child maybe sat on the step innocently when whoosh 250 degree water comes out :p

that would be called steam then............................. not seen a prv from a combi blow off steam yet

I always try to terminate the prv pipe low down, looks neater and less chance of nuisance or staining
If its on first floor the mushrooms look better

I would not worry too much about that.
Ideally would have taken it wee bit further from door and a bit closer to wall but would leave as is.

Unvented discharge pipes regularly discharge at low level. Not sure what the issue is here as an unvented discharge pipe will be firing a LOT more water out than a combi prv.

Personally I think it's a fuss about nothing imo.

Position is fine although a little close to the door. The mushroom needs pushing back allitle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock