Search the forum,

Discuss no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all - I replaced a trv in a large bungalow yesterday. To save draining down I bunged the header tank - rad working fine now but water not heating up. Assume there is now an air lock leading up to the coil in the tank ? How would I clear this ?

cheers dave

Hi. Try isolating rad circuit to get more action on the primary hot water circuit. Check for air release valves local to cylinder. Make sure ball valve is working in expansion cistern. Good Luck

Thanks justlead ; do you mean close down most of the rads and in doing so there should be more flow thro the coil? Also I noticed the ball valve in the header tank is well past it's sell by date - I mentioned to the owner I would replace but why would this cause an air lock?

Hi Yes close down the rad circuit or individual valves. When removing the bung from the cold feed to refill the bit you drained from the system can pull air if the ball valve is not replenishing the cistern.

Crack the top nut of the coil on the cylinder, that might work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to no hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock