Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal independent c30 boiler not turning off when thermostat is altered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

timblack

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to read this. Secondly, apologies for any naiive use of terms as I am no professional.

I moved into a house 6 months ago, but since we booted up the heating, it has never managed to regulate itself very well. It is an Ideal Independent C30 boiler, connected to a wired Drayton RTS1 thermostat. The boiler itself seems to work well, I don't get any fault codes on the display, and it comes on and turns off at the allotted times. But what it doesn't seem to do is answer calls from the thermostat.

I have done some minor troubleshooting, the short list is below.

- switched it on and off again (I was shocked when this didn't fix it!)
- listened to the thermostat - it clicks when you move the temp up, and when you move it down again.
- taken the thermostat off the wall, looked to see that the wires were connected (which they were).

I have ordered a replacement thermostat from Screwfix to check if this is the problem, but if that doesn't solve the problem, I will need to hire a professional. Before I do though, I wondered if anyone had any advice that may some me some money.

Many thanks.

Tim Blackmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal independent c30 boiler not turning off when thermostat is altered in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Hi wonder if anyone can help. Had no issues last year. Have Valiant ecoTEC plus and Drayton thermostat. I have tended to leave thernostat and just turn boiler on when needed. Its showing 14 and when i set it higher sometimes it comes on sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes it starts and then...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock