Search the forum,

Discuss Wireless Digital Themostat and where best to place in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jogon

Boiler is an Vailant 837 Ecotec Gas Combi etc.

Never quite worked out where best to place the wireless digital thermostat, had conflicting comments over the years so thought i may as well ask here and see what others say.

14 Rads in the house, boiler is in a utility room, no rad in there. Thermostat is wireless.

Do you place it in the warmest/coldest room? Upstairs/downstairs?

All the rads have thermostatic valves on.

Do i rid myself of the wireless and simply use the boiler controls.

If the above is not applicable where best i the house is best to place the thermostat?

Should I consider removing some of the thermostatic rad valves

Last edited by a moderator:
In the room with no trv on the rad. If they all have then on then take the head off the rad in the room with the stat in.

[DLMURL="http://www.hpmmag.com/asktheexpertitem.asp?articleID=406"]Heating & Plumbing Monthly Ask The Expert: Why is it wrong to put a TRV in the same room as the room thermostat?[/DLMURL]

Good article which may answer your question!

Last edited by a moderator:
Downstairs hall or living area and remove head from trv.

If you like you can get one with a stand and carry it around with you, even stick it in the fridge on a cold day to keep the heating on...........i actually saw that one :lol:

Downstairs hall or living area and remove head from trv.

If you like you can get one with a stand and carry it around with you, even stick it in the fridge on a cold day to keep the heating on...........i actually saw that one :lol:

Haha, so did I, an old couple who couldn't work out how to use the stat, kept it in the fridge most of the time, which I thought was quite clever really!

Better than freezing themselves. Some controls are too complicated for older people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wireless Digital Themostat and where best to place in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock