Search the forum,

Discuss What Unvented cylinders do people recommend? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fitted a few different ones

Telford tempest
Main
Worcesters
Gledhill

Not really sure which ones I prefer, tbh the main was pritty good and reasonable prices but wondering what other
People's personal choice is :)

I like the RM ones. Fitted Megaflo, Centerstore and Warmflow.

I havnt tried rm buy find there copper cylinders poor. Had 2 over the years were unions have leaked quickly. Fitted a warm flow actually thought that was decent to be fair. Can't go wrong with mega flow apart from price lol

Megaflo are overpriced. The centerstore is made by heatrae(megaflop) and is good gear. Warmflow, I don't like the fact you don't get connectors for the connections. No problems with the RM, just on with a horizontal one at the minute.

I like RM.
The prv has a dedicated balanced connection. The expansion vessel has a proper wall bracket and they have changed the thermostat now so fill yer boots!

I like the telford tempest. The bypass between flow and return seems a bit odd, something to do with noise. But apart from that there o.k.

If fitted plenty but find joule and tempest probably best on price

Tribune or ultrasteel ( ultrasteel is a tribune ) and slightly cheaper RM

They just seem cheap with swarf still on the connections and very variable with the position of the primary Connections not standard. I only know that from changing one that was US

I like range tribune ones as that's what I've fitted most of. Don't like megaflo. Too expensive and too much hassle of re forming air gap.

I like the main ones the quality is excellent for the price But the rm are decent enough as well

Bought two RM stelflows when Ray had them on offer.

They look pretty crap and cheap to be honest, but the kit you get with them is better than the Joule cylinders we fit a lot of for heat pumps etc.

I think if RM could sort thier branding out, maybe a premium range with a better look overall, they'd be a better cylinder to sell.

Joule currently make a great array of products which suit us well, it's a shame other manufacturers don't jump in on the niche items a bit more as we're fairly tied to them for that reason.

Joule currently make a great array of products which suit us well, it's a shame other manufacturers don't jump in on the niche items a bit more as we're fairly tied to them for that reason.

What sort of niche stuff were you thinking of Sam?

We find that the RM Fatmax, slimline, horizontals etc are increasingly popular. If there are other niche's to fill, I'm sure they would make them!

Incidentally, the units that you would have bought from us on Black Friday are the budget range - its a Prostel that they badge for us at an economy price. If you trade up to the Stelflow, you get a (very slightly) posher unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of niche stuff were you thinking of Sam?

We find that the RM Fatmax, slimline, horizontals etc are increasingly popular. If there are other niche's to fill, I'm sure they would make them!

Incidentally, the units that you would have bought from us on Black Friday are the budget range - its a Prostel that they badge for us at an economy price. If you trade up to the Stelflow, you get a (very slightly) posher unit.

Hi Ray,

I'm glad you spotted this post. I can't say I noticed any difference really from your advantage range to the stelflows? Although I haven't seen many.

Joule do a range of heat pump cylinders with various custom options. In particular, they do tank on tank model which consists of a cylinder 200/250/300 with a 90 litre buffer vessel on top or below.

We're using a particular heat pump which requires a 3.5m2 coil surface area, which we get customised to order into one of the above cylinders. It's a really neat combination that makes for a tidy installation.

They also do a range of standalone buffers, which I'm sure RM do too. I just couldn't spec them because they look pants, which when you're spending 10k plus on an install, looks can be important!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Unvented cylinders do people recommend? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock