Search the forum,

Discuss Up to date requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leealmond

Hi , I've been out of the business for several years , my company who I'm working for only as a labourer are looking to put me back through my acs and get me gas safe registered. Is there any other things I have to do as a must to bring me up to standard for today's market , or is the acs and gas safe all I need ? Thanks

Everything you need to pass your ACS will be at the centre you just need to study and show up!

If you work for a company that's already gas safe then I would have thought that they would give you the extra kit you need for the job, like an FGA.

Oh, don't forget to make sure they put yer wages up given you are going to be making them a lot more money!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The company are not gas safe , will they have to be gas safe as a company or can I just be gas safe as an employee? They are a building company and usually sub contract all there gas work out , but want to bring it all in house . Do I need to do a course for the FGA ? Sorry for all the questions I need to find it all out so they know what they have to pay for before they put me through the acs , to see if it's cost effective for them to do . Thanks

Do I need to do a course for the FGA? And does the company have to be gas safe registered or is it ok just for me to be registered as an employee just need to get all the information to what they will have to pay for . They are a building company and normally sub contract there gas work but are looking to bring it all in house

Last edited by a moderator:
The process is that the company would apply to be gas safe registered once you are qualified, and they would list you as their gas engineer, any other way leads to too much confusion, as their employee you can only do gas work on their behalf and if y leave they would retain the registration number, obviously they would need to replace you, it is possible for you to be gas safe registered and work for them , but as you are already an employee it would be messy, and would mean you would need to pay for the registration and PLI so it isn't something I would do for my company

Which tickets are you sitting? You'll need your core gas CCN1, combustion analysis, gas boiler and your unvented cylinder if you are doing those too. I live in Scotland so I'm not sure about your water regs etc if you need tickets for those too. If you contact your local assessment centre and tell them what you are doing they will tell you what tickets are reqd their training and cost.

What kirkgas says about who's reg it is is important. That is something your company will have to think about.

im going to be doing core + ccn1 , cen/wat ,ckr1 and htr1 , i qualified in 2001 so thinking ill have to do wras and unvented can i get away with not doing wras for now though and maybe do at a later date im concerned about how much this will cost my employers and may put them off going through with it , will FGA be included in my acs or will that have to be done seperate ? thanks

can you get away with not doing wras? your not paying, get every course you can out of your employer. The cost is there problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Up to date requirements in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock