Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure loss Ideal 24 Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chesterchops

Any ideas about this anyone ?

I am filling the boiler to 1.5 bar every 24 hours, pressure gauge is at absolute zero.

No obvious sign of any leaks anywhere and this has been going on for a couple of weeks now and would anticipate a visual on a leak now.

Boiler installed 14 months ago.

Plumber who installed it is a stumped as me.

If there are no obvious leaks check the pipe outside bent back to the wall, has it let off water?

Does it happen after the boiler has been operated?

Last edited by a moderator:
If there are no obvious leaks check the pipe outside bent back to the wall, has it let off water?

Yes, the boiler is used straight away after topping up, you think it would be worth not using it for 24 hours and see what happens ?

I checked this, nothing coming out. I am about to use a lump hammer not in the way it was intended.

I would first see do what plumber0808 says and check the pipe which should be turned back towards the wall to see if it lets water out while the boiler is being used, also note of the pressure while its in use ... 3bar plus and it will let out from the pipe outside

if not you could try turning the boiler off and isolating the flow and return pipes once you have topped it up and leaving it 24 hours that way you will know if its losing pressure at the boiler or elsewhere in the central heating system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Failing the above ^^ It is probably a job for the manufacturer as it will still be covered

I would first see do what plumber0808 says and check the pipe which should be turned back towards the wall to see if it lets water out while the boiler is being used, also note of the pressure while its in use ... 3bar plus and it will let out from the pipe outside

if not you could try turning the boiler off and isolating the flow and return pipes once you have topped it up and leaving it 24 hours that way you will know if its losing pressure at the boiler or elsewhere in the central heating system.

I will fill up and leave for 24 hours and isolate the central heating system as well as fill up to 3 bar and check for discharge (no jokes).
I will let you know the outcome and get onto Ideal about it as it's got the 5 year warranty, just wanted to exhaust all options before that. Thanks for the responses.

I will fill up and leave for 24 hours and isolate the central heating system as well as fill up to 3 bar and check for discharge (no jokes).
I will let you know the outcome and get onto Ideal about it as it's got the 5 year warranty, just wanted to exhaust all options before that. Thanks for the responses.

As above don't fill up to 3bar as it will discharge, 1bar should be ample. If once you have left it isolated for 24 hours it does not lose pressure then it is likely to either be losing pressure on the central heating side e.g. a leak or its over pressurising when the boiler is in operation.

How big is your system ? if its 3 bed house then a drop from 1.5 bar to zero is only about a pint so small leaks can go undetected over a week or so. Over 24 hrs is different - put plastic bag over the end of the blow off
and see if it fills up and let us know centralheatking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressure loss Ideal 24 Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock