Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Suprima help required please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Thermo1983

Hi there, If anyone can help me or at least give me some pointers it would be great, as I am seriously stuck.

I do have a technical back ground but my knowledge of central heating is very limited, prior to making a choice on attempting a repair or looking at going down the combi route as a replacement.

My issue is the Potterton suprima I have in my kitchen appears to have limited control, here is the sequence of issues:

• Controller/Timer upstairs set to heating on and hot water on
  • To light, turn temperature control knob to off.
  • Fan runs up, ignition, quickly turn knob to desired temperature.
  • Boiler will then run for 15-20 mins from cold and then cut out.
  • After that boiler states that it has reached temperature and makes an intermittent clicking (relay) noise.
  • Attempts to relight and runs pump, cuts out again.
  • Repeat first step in order to light again and sequence is repeated(runs for 15-20 mins).

It would be my understanding that the temperature control should be set and then all heating and water functions are controlled by the controller up in the bedroom next to the cylinder, this isn't the case though. The time that it runs is not sufficient enough to heat the house or provide hot water, therefore I'm having to continually re-light manually.

If I'm doing something blatantly obvious please do help and let me know.
That aside if its not a quick fix or reoccurring fault then I am looking down the combi route at possibly a Worcester bosch.

Any help or pointers would be great, thank you.

Hi there, Fully understand the need to be gas safe registered,I work on large scale industrial gas appliances. It would really help to know if this is a common fault, rough price to help me in my choice to renew or when an engineer comes to inspect that I have knowledge to back up his findings.

Does'nt matter where your background lies.

Have a read of the orange banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima help required please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably no need for me to needlessly heat hot water. My intention was to turn the boiler off along with the mains water when going away. Now, I have heard...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock