Search the forum,

Discuss point of sale finance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if many members offer finance on boiler swaps etc? If so would you say offering it brings in more sales?

Good question Lee. I'd like to know more about offering these type of finance options too.:iagree:

I know that you would have to go down the route of getting a consumer credit licence to arrange finance and partner with a few like Omni capital, shawbrook and so on. IMO it would be a tool to gain sales if you could offer such. I would be keen to hear from anyone that already offers such.:)

Easy - get a credit card facility and let the customer worry about how long it takes them to pay off the debt to their credit card provider.

I had a look at doing this a while back, the companies I approached would charge the customer for the interest etc and wanted a fat lump from me for each loan they made, so they had the cake and cream, wasnt worth the hassle from what I saw.

I looked into a similar scheme for musical instruments.
the deal was (from memory) they would charge an arrangement fee and then take 7% of the total sale cost inc VAT.

I did use a certain company a while back. But it became a nightmare half way through to use as you had to start charging VAT on the install and pay it to them for them to pay hmrc even if you weren't vat registered and they charge 10% commision on top of that. plus £30.00 to use. you did get a £25.00 on ideal logic + but that was it not really worth it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to point of sale finance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I want to start offering finance options to customers and wondered which providers is best. I looked into Kanda but wasn't impressed. Which ones would you recommend. TIA
Replies
Views
P
Hi All, I have recently changed heating source to a heat pump and so I have had a new water cylinder installed (different internal element required). This means that I have a 2.5 year old StainlessLITE Plus Horizontal unvented mains pressure 204L cylinder left over. We had it installed in Jan...
Replies
Views
Peter M
P
Hi All My husband and I are re looking at the finances for the business and I wanted to ensure the company still remains competitive with prices charged. So I was wondering what roughly everyone charges as a day rate around Birmingham/West Midlands Experience over 15 years, gas and plumbing...
Replies
Views
Our current boiler is 19 years old (and a piece of Rubbish) Had a guy round today from Energy Options Solutions that offered us an Ideal 30kw Logic Boiler on 10 year finance with 10 year warranty. They claimed it would save us 54% minimum on our gas bill per month and we would have a magnetic...
Replies
Views
I bought this over a year ago as was advised by a family member who is a plumber to swap cylinders instead of a new combi boiler. Turns out we needed a new combi boiler. I’ve had it too long to take back to the merchants. Would anyone be interested in it. I live in York. It was £225 I think but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock