Search the forum,

Discuss Part G Compliant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Just been on the Electrician forum for advice, learnt a lot.

(mainly that they feel the same way about fast trackers)

Part P means that they are compliant with Part P building regs.

So why don't plumbers advertise as being Part G compliant?

[h=2]Part G (Sanitation, Hot Water Safety and Water Efficiency)[/h]

Because we're not as anal.

just had a look at part G and pretty basic stuff, for instance,

1 toilet must be supplied in every house.
hot on the left
notify building control of unvented appliances
i.e.

maybe thats why, pretty basic stuff.

i am compliant with all the letter of the alphabet!! A,B,C,D,E,G,T........ O,H,B,A,L,L,S!!

Millsy's post sums it up, who knows what Part G is? do your customers care,

Millsy's post sums it up, who knows what Part G is? do your customers care,

But if everyone did it then the customers would know, would be cheaper then being part of CIPHE and the likes. customer awareness would make it more reliable. Then you could point them in the right direction to check your work is compliant.

problem is then they would look it up and try it themselves

you are part G if you have the G3 card for unvented cylinders.
if it was regulated and advertised strongly as was the part P, then the public would get the message.

same problem with gas safe, not publicised enough, most people still refer to corgi registration.

how many people get there unvented cylinder annually serviced?? and if so do you think they know to ask for a G3 qualified plumber? most customers dont know or care about knowing the building regs but should expect a tradesman to i guess.

part 'C'
part 'H'
part 'E'
part 'A'
part 'P'

i will have to register with the main body to get certificate for all of the above , as i am at home and have not got any big jobs booked in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part G Compliant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock