Search the forum,

Discuss No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fac

Hi,

I have a gas heated hot water system with a hot water storage tank. It was making a loud noise when hot water tap was switched on and during the week the flexible hose and expansion vessle were replaced with a fixed cooper pipe.

Since then the heating of the water has been tempremental and now we have no hot water. It appeared the electric switch to it was off so now that's on but still no hot water. It's a condensing boiler and the central heating is working fine.

The tank is a Range, Tribune HE and the thermostat is set to maximum and the pipes leading to and from it are all cold.

Can anyone help with the possible problems?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Could be air in the coil or a faulty motorised valve or a faulty tank stat. If you've had somebody in doing work on it and it's not right get them back.

Thanks SimonG, I phoned the guy this morning but he couldn't think what the problem could be and said he'd need an order to come out so I'd have to wait til Monday!

If it's air in the coil, is there anything I can do myself to remove it?

sounds like an air lock to me. get the plumber back that did the work and get them to sort it. beat me to it simon lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks SimonG, I phoned the guy this morning but he couldn't think what the problem could be and said he'd need an order to come out so I'd have to wait til Monday!

If it's air in the coil, is there anything I can do myself to remove it?

Could undo top nut with old towel underneath, depends how confident you are. Just don't rive on too much.

Why did he remove the expansion vessel . Does the boiler have a build in vessel.

Could be two port valve on primary flow, you may need to replace the synchron motor.On the primary flow is a square shaped valve and on one end should be a lever, pull the lever across to open valve and see what happens. If the valve is closed you will feel a lot of resistance as you push against the spring, if there is no resistance the valve is open and the fault lies somewhere else.
The loud noise when turning tap on could be the check valve in the combination inlet valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock