Search the forum,

Discuss Mixer Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I have zero plumbing knowledge. Basically, fitted a new mononloc tap in kitchen as it was causing problems not isolating the cold feed. Water is now fine (heating was never affected, ideal combi). I know I've fitted it correctly under the sink as the hoses would only go on one way, one had a quick release valve (I think that's what it's called), so I know I've re attached them as they were. I must have attached to the tap the wrong way around. I now have cold coming out of the blue and vice versa. Firstly is there any safety issue with this. I remember the tap ends of the 2 hoses being slightly different, but they seemed to attach to the tap no problem. Can I just flip out the colour panel on the tap and switch them around? Any advice would be hugely appreciated. Thanks.

If you had zero plumbing knowledge you probably shouldn't have changed the tap, nevertheless the feeds to it are the wrong way round and should be swapped. flipping the 'colour panel' is a bodge of a solution. It may have been that the feeds were the wrong way before.

The hot is coming out the left tap but that is blue, and vice versa?

One would assume then that the tap is round the wrong way then.

The hot is coming out the left tap but that is blue, and vice versa?

In which case the waters are on the right side. If you can change the tap heads over so red is on the left then that'll sort you

Log back in and post a pic and we will try and talk you through it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mixer Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock