Search the forum,

Discuss Liability for bathroom mould?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JLock21

Hey all, I'm john, new here! been sent over from riggid.

If a customer has a mould problem following the installation of a shower (they chose not to have a fan fitted as had newly tiled!!) it isn't my responsibility to sort out mould is it? Am getting complaints and being told I won't be recommended as I didn't adequately prepare them for managing mould!! told them they would need to ventilate that's about it. I'm furious!

You in Australia?

Sower works fine ? If they elect to have a hot shower and use no ventilation nothing to do with you at all .

sorry to here they are giving you grief pal. When I am on a bathroom/ shower etc, I always slip in to the conversation at some point about the mould problem.
The conversation usually goes like this - I will just show you this now (show them the silicone) it says here this silicone will not grow mould for 10 years, it will grow mould !!! I dont know how they get away with it. Custard says oh ok !!!
Job done , what more can you do ???? you have covered yourself.

sorry to here they are giving you grief pal. When I am on a bathroom/ shower etc, I always slip in to the conversation at some point about the mould problem.
The conversation usually goes like this - I will just show you this now (show them the silicone) it says here this silicone will not grow mould for 10 years, it will grow mould !!! I dont know how they get away with it. Custard says oh ok !!!
Job done , what more can you do ???? you have covered yourself.

Yeah prob best to go about it that way, such a pain when people think you're god of all things and can magically stop nature. and if you look after something well, then it will last longer - that's a general fact of life, but alas people do like to complain. Going to do a re-do for em this once as customer is always right hey and then after that will be covering my back as I should've before!

Anyone asking for a shower and not agreeing to an extractor fan, preferably a high capacity unit, is MAD.

Yeah prob best to go about it that way, such a pain when people think you're god of all things and can magically stop nature. and if you look after something well, then it will last longer - that's a general fact of life, but alas people do like to complain. Going to do a re-do for em this once as customer is always right hey and then after that will be covering my back as I should've before!

I always like to cover my back in writing. If the customer doesn't go ahead with something I have suggested for a good reason i.e extractor, not tiling in toilet cistern, I always add a note to the invoice stating my advice, why I advised it, and why they didn't take the advice.

No comebacks, and no smelly brown stuff from the customer.

I would ask them how often they clean their shower.

I would also go back and have a look at where the mould if forming.
Ceilings / high on walls - ventilation
In shower cubicle - cleanliness problem.
If you go back, take some photos of the moulded areas and post them on this site.
You may get some insight to the problem

Oz Plumber

I would ask them how often they clean their shower.

I would also go back and have a look at where the mould if forming.
Ceilings / high on walls - ventilation
In shower cubicle - cleanliness problem.
If you go back, take some photos of the moulded areas and post them on this site.
You may get some insight to the problem

Oz Plumber

Cheers for the advice all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Liability for bathroom mould?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock