Search the forum,

Discuss Help needed from a heating pro in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

ever come across a system with no motorised valves, no cylinder stat, no room stat, two heating pipes and only one pump? Pump is concealed within boiler casing floor standing jobbie. Ideal Mexico...
Had no hot water due to lack of water in f&e. Now heating ground floor scalding hot, hot water coil seems to be heating up water in rads upstairs but not heating up...
Damned pump or blocked cold feed? Bit of both maybe.
System has potterton programmer with seperate sliders for HW and CH. Customer seems to think they can run one without the other but I'm not convinced as they only turn it on for 30 mins in the morning and same again in evening.
Any ideas? Got no pictures as such might be going back in the morning depending on the hot water situation

You can have Hot Water only
or Hot Water and Heating.
You can't have Heating only.

There's a peg inside the Programmer that shoud be set to move the Hot Water slider when the Heating slider is moved to Timed / On.

The Hot water slider controls the Boiler
The Heating slider controls the pump.

You can have Hot Water only
or Hot Water and Heating.
You can't have Heating only.

There's a peg inside the Programmer that shoud be set to move the Hot Water slider when the Heating slider is moved to Timed / On.

The Hot water slider controls the Boiler
The Heating slider controls the pump.

Customer did mention that they have to wiggle the CH slider to get it to stay on independently

The pump doesn't run for hot water only for heating probably has a Randall timer somewhere . Kop
Can't find anything like that only ep2000 potterton programmer. No tees in cylinder pipes just elbows down to floor top and bottom. Heating coil connections hard against wall straight down.
Customer memory isn't great and don't want to be rummaging to much. Squeaks when he walks too. Will try venting pump and flushing cold feed if hot water not working again tomorrow. I'll get a pump on order just in case

Reply to Help needed from a heating pro in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock