Search the forum,

Discuss Getting more work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've recently set up on my own after being employed as as a gas/heating engineer. As a lot of homeowners now seem to have cover plans i.e. BG, CORGI, HOMESERVE there's probably less Service/repairs work around. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on where to try to get on some of these contracts? Seems like there's loads of boiler insurance plans and often they just uses contractors. I'm in the process of signing up with Corgi, any other good companies to try?

Thanks for for any helpful responses

CD

i do fair amount for Corgi when I have bit of spare time, which is not much but no complains. Paid in time and nor probs so far. Been with them for about 8 months. Not sure about others

I don't know if you can still do this but not many years ago we were on ( transco ) national grid list of approved contractors.
When they disconnected installations they would give a list of nearest contractors to the site.

Worth checking as most customers we worked for we kept hold of

I don't know if you can still do this but not many years ago we were on ( transco ) national grid list of approved contractors.
When they disconnected installations they would give a list of nearest contractors to the site.

Worth checking as most customers we worked for we kept hold of

^^^^^ same havent tried corgi yet keep battering me with emails so either they have no one or they need cheap people :D

I do work for corgi, They always promised loads of servicing in the summer but never gave me bulk servicing, sometimes I'll do weekend call outs but I knock most back because I'm too busy as well as people phoning me direct which is making me toil with the idea of taking someone on so I don't lose out on the small jobs.

I find a lot of people are wising up to these maintenance plans as a rip off and waste of money, some people are paying BG 300 a year!

I did some for CORGI, started ok then they will give you the run-a-round, will start to question time spent on job and complain about what you are spending on parts, and tell you to find cheaper supplies, try to give you jobs out of your area without any extra to cover travel costs turn them down and they will put you on stop. Note they only use the CORGI name they have nothing to do with CORGI . They are an insurance company

I do work for corgi, They always promised loads of servicing in the summer but never gave me bulk servicing, sometimes I'll do weekend call outs but I knock most back because I'm too busy as well as people phoning me direct which is making me toil with the idea of taking someone on so I don't lose out on the small jobs.

I find a lot of people are wising up to these maintenance plans as a rip off and waste of money, some people are paying BG 300 a year!

And the rest!! a Mate of mine pays £50 a month for boiler and WM.

I did some for CORGI, started ok then they will give you the run-a-round, will start to question time spent on job and complain about what you are spending on parts, and tell you to find cheaper supplies, try to give you jobs out of your area without any extra to cover travel costs turn them down and they will put you on stop. Note they only use the CORGI name they have nothing to do with CORGI . They are an insurance company

Exactly what happened years ago with me.

I recall fitting a honeywell rf stat an they questioned the price of it.

Then a pump was questioned, in the end I swerved them. Couldn't be arsed with the hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Getting more work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock